classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Devon pickup project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
mick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Devon pickup project Reply with quote

not much to see at the moment, waiting on a rear drum and shoes to get it rolling. chassis, wheels and engine painted bleck.
have got front wings back from repair, waiting on front valance coming back. bonnet is good. then its some floor panels.
need to locate a fuel tank then get an exhaust. also need a bench seat, have front seats from a saloon so if nowt turns up will fit them. new tyres arrived now also.

will add more as it goes along (slowly no doubt lol)
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it a floor-change or column-change pickup?

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
mick

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

column change rick, the later type with the hydraulic rear brake instead of cable
Keith D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mick,

The A40 utes were a very pretty little truck and are getting rare. (At least in Australia they are!)

The column change mechanism was not to my taste, but that said, the actual gearbox was far superior to the previous floor change. I am currently rebuilding a floor change box for my A40 tourer. It used to jump out of just third gear, now its just started jumping out of fourth as well!

Keith
mick

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have an 1800 mgb engine and box that came with the project along with 2 standard 1200 engines, i thought about fitting the 1800 but i like the column change and not sure if i could adapt that to use the mgb motor with the overdrive?
for the moment its keeping the 1200 motor and box.
alangregory2448

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Re: Devon pickup project Reply with quote

Looks like it's the same as my vehicle see my restored "1951Austin of England A40 Devon pickup" photo's and story on site list. From your posting I would say that your A40 was built during the second half of 1951 as was mine. I look forward to seeing updates on your trials and tribulations during the restoration process. Maybe I can offer some advice etc.quote="mick"]not much to see at the moment, waiting on a rear drum and shoes to get it rolling. chassis, wheels and engine painted bleck.
have got front wings back from repair, waiting on front valance coming back. bonnet is good. then its some floor panels.
need to locate a fuel tank then get an exhaust. also need a bench seat, have front seats from a saloon so if nowt turns up will fit them. new tyres arrived now also.

will add more as it goes along (slowly no doubt lol)[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: