classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

stealth tax/free money
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
xkjaguar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: stealth tax/free money Reply with quote

just heard this from one of the techno weenies i work with and he isnt often wrong

if you have had this years council tax bill you will find that there is a reference no on there
ring the council and quote the number and ask for a detailed breakdown of charges if they ask dont give them any particular reason!

in the fareham/gosport area there is a charge of £160 -- and it is detailed as VOLUNTARY ASYLUM FUND

its voluntary so you dont have to pay it, but you have to opt out

if you find this you can also then ask for previous bills to check if you have paid it before and thus claim it back

as i say this is on the fareham/gosport bill but i would imagine that every other council is doing it too

a sneaky backhanded way of making you pay more tax you decide
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for that xk, I'm getting really tired of the underhand tricks that this government have used on us.

I'll be on the phone first thing tomorrow you can bet on it!
john-saab

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one..I will be making that phone call on Monday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: