classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Best Lorry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Best Lorry Reply with quote

What are the votes out there for the best ever lorry?

My vote, the US Army´s "Deuce-and-a-Half." Basic design laid down (I think) 1933 and still in use today!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foden
C type and D type of course!
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that the Fodens were nice looking lorries, but personally I always found them unreliable for some reason.

I guess if we are talking about British lorries, we should also mention the Scammel Highwayman.
admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the AEC Matador? I can't speak from firsthand experience mind you Very Happy but they were used in the war, and some are still used at timber yards in the UK, some 60 years later..so must be fairly reliable & rugged

The Bedford TK from the 60s could also get a long service award, many TK horseboxes still clutter up roads at the weekends around here Laughing

Rick
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest trouble with Bedford TK´s is engine access, which is more than likely the reason that they clutter up the roads.

No, I´ll stick with the Deuce! They are still used in military service today, and have been used in every conflict since WWII. One thing about them is that quite a few of the older ones are multifuellers, that will basically run on anything you put in the tank - petrol, diesel, JP4 (jet fuel)!
Stuchamp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been partial to any of the vintage COE's, especially the Chevy's & Studes. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: