classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How To Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy Policy     F/book facebook.com/oldclassiccar

1924 Dodge Four tourer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Author Message
Rick
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 21891
Location: UK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little Dodge (I've never been into naming cars after people) went for a little spin out today, simply because the weather's fantastic and, well, it seemed like a good idea - it was.

Have a great Easter weekend everyone.

RJ
_________________
Rick (OCC Admin)
Various 1920s-1960s - Austin, Morris, Commer, Dodge etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rick
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 21891
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dusted down the Dodge the other day and took it for a spin. It was reluctant to start which is unusual, but I suppose it hasn't seen much use in recent times. I primed up the carb (after checking for a spark etc) and it fired straight up and was fine thereafter.
We took it for a spin to go and collect a large parcel, then junior had a go at the wheel in the latest of his old-vehicle-familiarisation lessons!!!!



https://youtu.be/Z24denZtqOQ

RJ
_________________
Rick (OCC Admin)
Various 1920s-1960s - Austin, Morris, Commer, Dodge etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastairq



Joined: 14 Oct 2016
Posts: 1593
Location: East Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big box collected, with RockAuto tape all over it? Trying to think what you will have pur-choiced from Rock Auto? {Probably the best & most customer-helpful parts dealers in the USA? Plus, probably the cheapest, certainly for shipping options to the UK? EG, I researched & located a set of disc brake pads for the [unknown supplier] disc brake conversion on my 67 Mustang. Ordered a fairly costly set from Rock Auto, Tuesday June 1st. Despite being told it would arrive this Tuesday [yesterday] it rocked up on my doorstep last Friday afternoon!!
That's three {3} days, from ordering to delivery [Fedex...and their cheapest option as well!}
30 all in.

Halfords ?? Eurocarparts? Not a chance, in the same week!!

Cheapest pads in the type required from RockAuto were in their economy section...3.50 a set!
Sorry Rick, got sidetracked once I saw the tape!!
_________________
Dellow Mk2, 1951 built, reg 1952.
Ford Mustang coupe, 1967, 6 cylinder auto.
Fiat 126 BIS
Cannon special [1996 registered. Built in 1950's]
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rick
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 21891
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastairq wrote:
Big box collected, with RockAuto tape all over it? Trying to think what you will have pur-choiced from Rock Auto? {Probably the best & most customer-helpful parts dealers in the USA? Plus, probably the cheapest, certainly for shipping options to the UK? EG, I researched & located a set of disc brake pads for the [unknown supplier] disc brake conversion on my 67 Mustang. Ordered a fairly costly set from Rock Auto, Tuesday June 1st. Despite being told it would arrive this Tuesday [yesterday] it rocked up on my doorstep last Friday afternoon!!
That's three {3} days, from ordering to delivery [Fedex...and their cheapest option as well!}
30 all in.

Halfords ?? Eurocarparts? Not a chance, in the same week!!

Cheapest pads in the type required from RockAuto were in their economy section...3.50 a set!
Sorry Rick, got sidetracked once I saw the tape!!


Just some bits for the modern (for me) Jeep

RJ
_________________
Rick (OCC Admin)
Various 1920s-1960s - Austin, Morris, Commer, Dodge etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastairq



Joined: 14 Oct 2016
Posts: 1593
Location: East Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:


Just some bits for the modern (for me) Jeep

RJ

Did they arrive before you thought they would?? Smile
_________________
Dellow Mk2, 1951 built, reg 1952.
Ford Mustang coupe, 1967, 6 cylinder auto.
Fiat 126 BIS
Cannon special [1996 registered. Built in 1950's]
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rick
Site Admin


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 21891
Location: UK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastairq wrote:
Rick wrote:


Just some bits for the modern (for me) Jeep

RJ

Did they arrive before you thought they would?? Smile


About the usual, they've been good so far with orders I've placed. Just need to keep an eye out for parts being delivered from different depots, the shipping snowballs when that happens

RJ
_________________
Rick (OCC Admin)
Various 1920s-1960s - Austin, Morris, Commer, Dodge etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alastairq



Joined: 14 Oct 2016
Posts: 1593
Location: East Yorkshire

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a tool to help with that, I think?
_________________
Dellow Mk2, 1951 built, reg 1952.
Ford Mustang coupe, 1967, 6 cylinder auto.
Fiat 126 BIS
Cannon special [1996 registered. Built in 1950's]
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Forum T&C


php BB powered © php BB Grp.