classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

New Member A60 Countryman Riley 4/72 Bedford CF Camper
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Riley472

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: New Member A60 Countryman Riley 4/72 Bedford CF Camper Reply with quote

Hi All, Just thought I would introduce myself, I am the previous Membership Officer of the Cambridge Oxford Owners Club and my name is James.
In my fleet I have a 1964 Riley 4/72 a 1964 Austin A60 Countryman and a 1980 Bedford CF Camper.
The Countryman is the latest addition, it is a one owner vehicle and after recommisioning is a class 1 condition vehicle, I think it may be unique in that it is a genuine Red with Black roof model, I do not think another exists, she was registered in South London.
I hope to make full use of the forum and will willingly try to help other users if I can. Very Happy

[IMG]http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q658/Riley472/436VDEOFFSIDEcut_zps5488c674.jpg[/IMG[img][/img][img][/img]

Last edited by Riley472 on Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
isettamanvv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James, welcome.

Here's your first request for help, have a decco at my posting below yours. I have recently acquired an A60 Countryman and am keen to source the correct tailgate seals for it. Can you help with the profiles?

Cheers

Dave

Life's too short to be miserable.
Riley472

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Window Seals Reply with quote

Try www.classiccar-trim.com

01304 611681

They do them for about £34 or you could try Earlpart at Heanor but I think they want about £52

Regards
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Riley472, funnily enough we could have spoken at Donington as you were just waiting to get in your car when I took a pic of it (see in this thread: http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13082 Smile)

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Riley472

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Donington Reply with quote

Hi Rick

I am really sorry we did not have a chat, I would loved to have spoken to you, I think your site is great, yes I think I saw you taking the photos, I was going to come over and ask if you had an email address and could you take some photos and send them to me, then I thought bit cheeky so I did not. Very Happy
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Donington Reply with quote

Riley472 wrote:
Hi Rick

I am really sorry we did not have a chat, I would loved to have spoken to you, I think your site is great, yes I think I saw you taking the photos, I was going to come over and ask if you had an email address and could you take some photos and send them to me, then I thought bit cheeky so I did not. Very Happy

Smile I took a couple, if you'd like higher res versions please send me a PM, with your address.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James,
Lovely vehicles, I see you're located in Long Eaton....I used to exhibit at the Model Fairground Exhibition every November held in the town hall buildings 😃
Anyway welcome to the forum,
All the best,
Greg
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James

I have fond....sorry scrub that ....I have memories of Bedford CF's Very Happy

In the 80's I used to work for a small firm that had a CF, I loved driving it, my boss bought a second one and retired the first....the second one had a "recon" engine...he went on honeymoon and left me in charge, we had a job in Yorkshire (200 miles away) I set off in the "new" van and it put a rod through the block just a few mile west of Heartshead Moor services.

With the van recovered I had too make 1 good van out of 2, to get the engine out of the "good" van we had to hoist the van up about 3 feet to allow enough clearance, needing the block from the scrap van we cut the chassis and pulled the engine out from the front ! I then reconditioned the old vans engine ( I think they were 2.3L)? all was fixed by the time my boss returned Very Happy

I do like the CF... although no real connection I used to have a CA...wish I had kept that!

Dave
Riley472

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Model Exhibition Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Hi James,
Lovely vehicles, I see you're located in Long Eaton....I used to exhibit at the Model Fairground Exhibition every November held in the town hall buildings ��
All the best,
Greg

Hi Greg

The exhibition is still held at the Town Hall, gets reasonable visitor numbers and is well supported by the trade.
I am looking for a model of the Countryman for the dash if you can advise the best place to obtain one, I do not mind giving it a "Spray Job" to the corect colour.

Regards
welshrover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the forum Very Happy
craig
welshrover

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Model Exhibition Reply with quote

Riley472 wrote:
Greg wrote:
Hi James,
Lovely vehicles, I see you're located in Long Eaton....I used to exhibit at the Model Fairground Exhibition every November held in the town hall buildings ��
All the best,
Greg

Hi Greg

The exhibition is still held at the Town Hall, gets reasonable visitor numbers and is well supported by the trade.
I am looking for a model of the Countryman for the dash if you can advise the best place to obtain one, I do not mind giving it a "Spray Job" to the corect colour.

Regards

you can get a model countryman on ebay in white metal kits quite expensive though,
craig
Riley472

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Beddy CF Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
Hi James

I have fond....sorry scrub that ....I have memories of Bedford CF's Very Happy

In the 80's I used to work for a small firm that had a CF, I loved driving it, my boss bought a second one and retired the first....the second one had a "recon" engine...he went on honeymoon and left me in charge, we had a job in Yorkshire (200 miles away) I set off in the "new" van and it put a rod through the block just a few mile west of Heartshead Moor services.

With the van recovered I had too make 1 good van out of 2, to get the engine out of the "good" van we had to hoist the van up about 3 feet to allow enough clearance, needing the block from the scrap van we cut the chassis and pulled the engine out from the front ! I then reconditioned the old vans engine ( I think they were 2.3L)? all was fixed by the time my boss returned Very Happy

I do like the CF... although no real connection I used to have a CA...wish I had kept that!

Dave

Know what you mean about engine out on one of these Shocked I looked at it once as I was thinking about putting in a diesel, looked at it then forgot about it Twisted Evil Best thing about it is it is like a duracell it just keeps going on and on.

Cheers
Jim
Greg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Model Exhibition Reply with quote

Hi Greg

Regards[/quote]

Hi James,
Yes the Show is still very busy, although I haven't attended for a few years, I'm still in contact with the organisers as I see them at a lot of other shows, great people Smile

As regards a model of the Austin, I'm not sure if 'Vanguard' make one, if they do it'll be a reasonable price, otherwise there's the high detail collectable makes like 'Somerville', which tend to be expensive.
Here's an example of another make:

Don't seem to be able to get the link to work, but if you type this item number below into the search box on E-Bay, it should be displayed:

All the best,
Greg
Riley472

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Re: Model Exhibition Reply with quote

Greg wrote:
Hi Greg

Regards

Hi James,
Yes the Show is still very busy, although I haven't attended for a few years, I'm still in contact with the organisers as I see them at a lot of other shows, great people Smile

As regards a model of the Austin, I'm not sure if 'Vanguard' make one, if they do it'll be a reasonable price, otherwise there's the high detail collectable makes like 'Somerville', which tend to be expensive.
Here's an example of another make:

Don't seem to be able to get the link to work, but if you type this item number below into the search box on E-Bay, it should be displayed:

All the best,
Greg[/quote]

Oooch £52 I once bought a proper Morris Traveller for £40 but then again I'm an old git Very Happy I was thinking more along the lines of £10 it's only for the dash. Cool
Cheers
Jim
Riley472

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: A60 Countryman Reply with quote

[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: