classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austin Seven Ruby ARQ rejuvenation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
alanb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff
I rediscovered the joy of reading during my enforced rest and when I was able to get out I found a new pleasure in walking (only on the level at first) but time soon goes by and you'll soon be back doing all the things you enjoy.
Alan

Morris 8 two seater
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan,
Been doing exactly the same since getting home.
Managed to walk 1.6 miles yesterday in two lots early morning and late evening when cooler and nearly a mile early this morning.

Geoff - Feeling good for doing so.
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things have come to a grinding halt as hospital prescribed tablets are making me feel like a zombie.
Was able to walk 2km, split between morning and evening, before starting the tablets.
Stopped taking them to clear the system and soon back walking with ease.
Then started one tablet at a time and guess what.

Now looking for natural substitutes, with garlic/aspirin being one of the most important.
The hospital put me on aspirin for a week then big pharma tablets and zombie time.

Geoff - I’m DONE with F****N big pharma‼️‼️
alanb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoff,
I take a beta blocker and a ace inhibitors to control my heart rate and keep my blood pressure down along with my daily aspirin, I find I can do most things like gardening,walking (1 mile every morning) messing about in the garage and maintaining my Morris 8, I also go to the gym once a week to the cardio rehab class. I do seem to get tired quicker and my energy level aren't what they used to be but age is probably also to blame, stick with it and talk to your doctors, it takes a little while to get the medication that suits you right but I'm sure within a couple of months you'll be back to near normal. Good luck and stay positive I'm looking forward to the next episode with your car.
Best wishes
Alan

Morris 8 two seater
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MooiMeisie wrote:

Geoff - I’m DONE with F****N big pharma‼️‼️

Geoff, could you check your stored email address (see the Profile link below the graphic at the top of this page), as I think there might be a typo or it could be an old address. thanks, RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rick,
Big oops.
Completely forgot to update since cancelling my Yahoo accounts years.

Geoff - Updated
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.
Had a good chat with family doctor a few weeks ago and am now back on hospital tablets.
Started taking one at a time, waiting a week before the next to let body acclimatise, the last tablet tonight.
Feeling well enough to do a fairly brisk easy 2km walk nearly each day now, and feeling good afterwards, something I haven’t been able to do beforehand without taking it easy.

Was thinking of fitting a servo motor to the Singer 660A1 sewing machine, to have complete and easy speed control for leather work, having already slowed it down to the best of my ability from the speed merchant it was, but today had another look at either fitting a stop to the foot pedal or some other way to prevent the pedal travelling too far and sending the machine onto overdrive, and think I’ve nailed it.
Will experiment tomorrow.
I don’t use the machine often enough for muscle memory to help, hence a physical stop needed.

Geoff - back on the Ruby and into Workshop soon with luck
Peter_L

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Geoff. Good to see you back. Take care and KBO.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was born in 1946, so I am now aged ??…. go figure...

I don't have a classic... I have never had a classic... I don't have either the knowledge or many of the skills shown on this forum. but I enjoy reading Geoff's posts... I enjoy seeing the photos. Life can, no... life is often cruel... I have sent OCC PM's to Geoff's accounts. If there is someone out there who knows him... please pick up the phone, drive down the road and yell (social distancing)…. OCC is good, really good, but it is made richer because of members like Geoff....

Close to 166,000 views..... for just one vehicle...
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_L wrote:
I was born in 1946, so I am now aged ??…. go figure...

I don't have a classic... I have never had a classic... I don't have either the knowledge or many of the skills shown on this forum. but I enjoy reading Geoff's posts... I enjoy seeing the photos. Life can, no... life is often cruel... I have sent OCC PM's to Geoff's accounts. If there is someone out there who knows him... please pick up the phone, drive down the road and yell (social distancing)…. OCC is good, really good, but it is made richer because of members like Geoff....

Close to 166,000 views..... for just one vehicle...

Agreed, one of the main reasons for setting up the forum was for threads such as this, so my thanks to Geoff (and all the other regular contributors). Once this type of post stops, the forum's key raison d'etre will by and large cease too.

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
alanb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Peter was born in 1946 although I do have a classic car a 1937 Morris 8 two seater. I to have missed Geoff’s posts of late, I don’t have his skills for restoring car’s so I’m grateful mine was in a good condition when I purchased it and the small job that it has needed I’ve been able to do. I like Geoff have also suffered with heart problems which involved having 3 stents In 03 and 4 more in 13. I sincerely hope he is able to return to reasonable good health and continue his rebuild and postings in the near future.

Morris 8 two seater
Peter_L

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About a week ago I went on a Google search. Geoff has a FB page that was active recently and also turns up in various forums.

Quite the character who brings Wisdom, Humour and Tenacity to the forum and for me at least, a little surprise ……..

I copied this photo from Geoff's FB page
MooiMeisie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject: I’m back - Sort of though Reply with quote

This update has been long in coming and hopefully no more interruptions, and that it makes sense time wise.
Since my last post body and brain refused point blank to co-operate meaning that one day body said ‘Yes’ I’m ready for work BUT brain said ‘No’ and vice verse.
I can only think that the cardiac arrest then CPR I suffered during the hospital proceedings had a delayed psychological effect on me as I just lost complete interest in cars and in much else as well.
Feb decided to turn half of the garden over to wild flowers as all the lawn was dead so started with cutting the apple tree back quite severely, but it’s bounced back like a juvenile.
Then prepared the ground that is heavy clay and mixed a load of 20year old diy compost in and sowed a lot of wild flower seeds.
Didn’t expect much this year as most take 2 or more years to appear, BUT what a surprise. Will post some photos later with luck.
Did a bit on the Austin a month ago as enthusiasm had returned but needed to sort out the Austin’s rear Mud Shields before repairing them.
As the Carport was starting to get too hot, I at last decided I could no longer put off painting all the external window woodwork.
Took me three weeks but that’s done, the last week in 25-30° and I think that the temperatures has floored me.
I did, however, since coming out of hospital spend more time I ever though I would on Facebook, YouTube and reading my sci-fi books on Kindle.
One of the side effects of CPR was a heavily bruised chest, BUT luckily no cracked/broken ribs that happens regularly with older people like me.
Couldn’t lay down/sleep horizontally for a month or so, but the armchair set at 45/50° was perfect.
Surprising where/how you sleep when necessity dictates!
Just waiting for cooler weather as the Carport has been 30°+ for a month now.
More later guys and gals.
Keep cool, I am with portable aircon in lounge
Geoff - Life goes on
alastairq

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How splendid to read you again, Geoff...
----------------------------------------------
Ford Pop chassis, Ashley 1172 bodyshell, in pieces.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alastairq wrote:
How splendid to read you again, Geoff...

Yes.....marvelous to have made contact again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: