classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

suubeam AlpineV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Plonk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: suubeam AlpineV Reply with quote

Good day all. Iam new to th forum and looking for a bit of advice.My 1968 Series V Alpine is an older restoration (around 2005)The last thing I did was fit a Weber twin choke carb and manifold before I suffered a Stroke in 2007. I doubt it has done a couple of hundred miles since a full nut and bolt restoration.Deaspite recovering fairly well my eyesight satarted to fail and has deteriorated to the point I can no longer drive so the old girl will have to go.
As for the car it had a bare metal respray and is in Rootes Carnival Red, it was originally a GT but I converted it to soft top although I still have the original hard top ( in Forest Green) but it reqires restoration (quite rusty in places). It is fitted with an overdrive gearbox. The engine /gearbox/ overdrive were fully overhaul3d as were all other mechanicals. It wears painted wire wheels with radial tyres and I fitted a burr walnut dash with lockable glovebox. It also had new carpets and seat covers. The bad bit is the rechroming i had done at the time has suffered a bit in storage and is quite pitted. The only thing i didn't get around to was recalibrating the speedo (due to fitting of Laycock overdrive) I still have the original Stombergs/inlet manifold and pancake filters. Looking on the Practical Classics price guide they seem to range from a couple of thousand for rough examples to £14000 fot condition 1 examples. I am hoping to get somewhere midway between these two figures. Do you think this is realistic?
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Plonk, My reply is more to welcome you to the forum than help with your question!
Just a few thoughts: It depends if you are in a rush to sell the car as this will always depress the price. If you are not there are a number of avenues where you can try to sell it in an auction type format eBay probably being the best known. Always protect it with a reserve (if it does not quite make the reserve you can always negotiate with the high bidder) All you need in a auction is for 2 people to want it!
the other route is to advertise it in a fixed price format like Practical Classics of Car and Classic web site.
If you have a fixed idea about what you want for it, do not be too ready to move, do not tell prospective purchasers that your health precludes you using it and clearly do not let it go until the money is securely in the bank - cheque cleared etc. There are rogues aplenty out there.
Finally, where are you? if you are in the centre of a city you have potentially more customers and therefore should be able to get a better price, if you are on a remote Scottish island, the converse will apply.
Again, welcome!
peter scott

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: suubeam AlpineV Reply with quote

Plonk wrote:
. Looking on the Practical Classics price guide they seem to range from a couple of thousand for rough examples to £14000 fot condition 1 examples. I am hoping to get somewhere midway between these two figures. Do you think this is realistic?

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, without seeing photos your price expectation sounds perfectly reasonable.

Peter
Dodgealpine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the alpine owners club, allways helpfull.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: