classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

TV programmes about classic cars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rootes75

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get a bit tired of Tim's 'assignments', I recall one I saw the other day where he supposedly phoned a company in the middle of the night and woke them to do some work. I know its entertainment but it does sort of take away from the restoration story to me.

Got plenty of time for Fuzz though.
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzz is brilliant. He is to Tim what Edd China is to Mike Brewer.

One I can watch and listen to with interest and the other just irritates.
alanb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they could swap! Ed and fuzz should team up and Mike and Tim, then we could all enjoy Ed & Fuzz and not bother with the other two.

Morris 8 two seater
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanb wrote:
Perhaps they could swap! Ed and fuzz should team up and Mike and Tim, then we could all enjoy Ed & Fuzz and not bother with the other two.

What a good idea!!! Laughing
Rootes75

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched Bangers and Cash last night, so much time is given to individual 'special' cars that never seem to hit their reserves.

I like to look out for the interesting cars in the background.
Ray White

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the programme makers are missing a trick. There are so many remarkable stories around different marques that they really couldn't go wrong. If they think the history is too dry they should take a closer look at the various shenanigans. If they want glamour how about William Hillman and his five daughters - three of whom married other motor industry characters.
lowdrag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
Watched Mark Evans reporting on the Jaguar build of new XKSS to as near as original spec as it is possible to do these days. It was good to see Norman Dewis and hear his reflections.

I thought it was as good as it could be for the type of programme it was and I enjoyed it.

Anyone else see it?

I wish I had watched it, but it will probably come around again. The trouble is that the thrusting young Jaguar executives just don't know anything about the real cars and the new ones are just so wrong. I mean, negative earth, electronic rev counters, etc. etc. I have often wondered just how these "continuation" models will fare when they come up for auction, and we shall get the chance to find out shortly. Look here:-

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/el20

There are, especially for members of this forum, some rather interesting cars amongst them. The collection, built up by fraudster Najeeb Khan, is all being sold by the receivers at no reserve. And amongst them is the 7th of 6 lightweights which was the first built and which was supposed to be being kept by Jaguar and called "chassis zero". Sold for about £1.4 million we'll see what it fetches. He also had an XKSS and a D-type, but they may have been sold off beforehand.
Peter_L

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I watched any "Reality Show" live. I record them and turn an hour into maybe 10 minutes with no adverts. I am reminded of my father's approach to Newspapers, he would say. "The date and price are likely the only two accurate things they printed today".
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter_L wrote:
I can't remember the last time I watched any "Reality Show" live. I record them and turn an hour into maybe 10 minutes with no adverts.

Me too. The recent Car SOS 2-part Land Rover special? 20 minutes by the time all the irrelevant stuff was skipped past.

Not just Reality Shows for me, though - anything on a channel with adverts.
Rootes75

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think soon we will be all watching a lot of TV, has anyone yet watched Irish Pickers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: