classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

B & B brake system required for 1970s Cosalt Piper 1200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Daisy2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject: B & B brake system required for 1970s Cosalt Piper 1200 Reply with quote

Hello fellow vintage caravan enthusiasts. A couple of weeks ago my Cosalt Piper 1200 1978 caravan was picked up by a roadside emergency service due to a hot wheel and hubcap. Unfortunately on return to our home we realised that the brake hub had been broken and therefore the parts in the brake hub system are now damaged or missing.
So, I’m on a mission to repair her and get her back on the road. Can anyone help please?
My knowledge at the moment is very basic (but I am learning fast) and from the fab knowledge from retro caravan enthusiasts i have been informed that I need the following:
A complete hub assembly from an old B&B caravan chassis from the late 70s.
The brake hub needed is a 4 stud (5.5 inch I think)
Further details/parts:
Brake shoe actuator/expander
Carrier springs
I’m sure there are other parts but don’t know names (in photos)
Sub assembly from brake expander (no idea about this recommendation)
Does anyone on here know of anyone with an oldCosalt Piper or Abbey that they intend to scrap? Or know of anyone who may have these parts please?
Many thanks.

Argh! Cannot upload photos- any advice? Thanks.
emmerson

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daisy, welcome to the forum, and the world of Retro caravans.
Two suggestions; join the retro Caravan Club UK. Google for details.
It might also be worthwhile trying the Royale Caravan Club, as they used B&B chassis.
If you hang around you'll probably get a reply form Chris Lowery too. He had one of my scrap vans last year, so might have the parts you need.
Good luck.
Daisy2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Emmerson,
Many thanks for your reply and advice.
I have recently joined the Retro Caravan Club and they have been fantastic with their help and advice.
I have also been in communication with Chris Lowery and he too has been really helpful.
I will also try the Royale Caravan Club.
Do let me know if you get any scrap vans that have a b&b chassis.
Thanks again,
Rachel. (Daisy2)
christine lowery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the spares situation is now very very bad look on ebay gumtree facebooksales chassis come along all the time £50 to £100 its about the only way to get parts now
chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: