classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

throttle cable for a Morris 8/40
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Ron from Oz

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject: throttle cable for a Morris 8/40 Reply with quote

I am re-assembling the Morris 8/40 I bought a few months ago. The car had been completely dismantled, with most of the parts, accessories and smaller parts in boxes and envelopes. I recently started attaching the floor panels and the pedals but was a bit stumped on the throttle pedal and cable. I eventually found the pedal and was able to work out from photos on the net where it is attached . But I don't have the other fixture that holds the end of the cable to the steering column. Would it be possible for someone with a similar car (1948 Series E) to send me a closeup photo of the missing fixture, (and one at the carburetor end as well) ?
Although I have most of the manuals in PDF form I can't see any reference to the throttle set-up anywhere.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: