classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Garage clearout - Honda CG125 project bike for sale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject: Garage clearout - Honda CG125 project bike for sale Reply with quote

(Hope this one isn't too modern, Rick?)

Honda CG 125 project bike for sale. Photos available by email on request. A bit of an oldie, 1985 and 10 previous owners, but still easy enough to get parts for. A bike this old still has its ignition worked by points so no pesky electronics to go wrong! Looks very scruffy but seems sound enough up close.

I bought the bike back in 2013 as a cheap commuter because I was just spending far too much of my pay on petrol and parking. I used it as such for a good few months, replaced the broken speedo and missing chain guard, fitted a new chain and sprockets. Then everything changed, accident and subsequent illness in the family meant I had to quit my job and become a full time carer for the next 5 years or so, meaning the bike was parked up in the garage and pretty much forgotten about. Eventually things changed and I went back to work, but never had the time to do anything with it - or the inclination to work in a cold garage like I used to! I can't see anything changing so it's time to sell and get that corner of my garage back, you know how it is with too many projects and too little time.

Bike is complete barring one or two minor pieces of plastic trim, you can do without these or find secondhand ones if it bothers you. It will want a bit of work to get it going again, I didn't get round to draining the fuel for a few months so I expect the carburetter is gunged up and obviously the battery is dead as the proverbial dodo after sitting unused for so long. However, the engine turns over and has compression and the transmission hasn't seized either, tyres hold air and look OK though I'm not sure I'd trust them on the road! Front wheel doesn't turn as freely as I'd like, I guess some attention to the bearings or brakes would be in order but should be a simple enough job.

Workshop manual and handbook included, 2 keys, V5 (currently on SORN) and a box of odd service parts included.

Please note the bike is currently a NON RUNNER and has NO MOT - you will need a suitable van or trailer to collect it and take it back to your place.

It's hard to get an idea of what a fair price might be for this and I don't want to let it go for peanuts on fleabay so haggling starts at £500 - but open to sensible near offers.

Ring Dan on 07542 131945 or 01495 292463.

Edited to include email address, the21stcenturyluddite (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk

Ad ID: 1363328245
Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOW SOLD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: