classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Looking for a Lagonda, EXK79
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:24 pm    Post subject: Looking for a Lagonda, EXK79 Reply with quote

My local club had an email the other day from a chap who is trying to trace his grandfather's old Lagonda, registration EXK 79. The reason he contacted us is because he has found out that it was displayed at Sandbach Festival of Transport in 2009 and wondered whether that might mean it lives locally.

Anyone know it? I've found a few photos on line, and he has already noted that it's still alive looking at the DVLA site.
mikeC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the internet pictures says it was taken at the 2009 Great Dorset Steam Fair, so you may need to spread your search! I would have thought the Lagonda Club was your first port of call.
MikeEdwards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I hadn't realised that. I did see a photo of it in a field (which isn't Sandbach, as that's on a town-centre car park) but I don't think that had the date or location against it. I will feed that back to him in case he hasn't already seen it, as you say it does take away the thought that it might be from around here. Although - if you were going to travel to an event, it's more likely to be one like the Dorset Steam Fair than Sandbach Transport Festival, with all respect to the organisers of the latter.

I believe the chap has been in touch with the Lagonda club, I put him towards the VSCC as well in case someone in there knows the car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: