classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Wera Joker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Wera Joker Reply with quote

Has anyone used Wera Joker spanners; the concept and vid's look good.

I only have experience of Wera screwdrivers...... that I have to say have really impressed me.

Dave
Ray White

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Wera Joker Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:

I only have experience of Wera screwdrivers...... that I have to say have really impressed me.

Dave

In a word...no.

Too expensive.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Wera Joker Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
ukdave2002 wrote:

Dave

In a word...no.

Too expensive.
I think I agree , a tad too expensive ; and they look too good to get dirty ! .....however I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes too well made tools......

Dave
Peter_L

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great marketing video that will perhaps appeal to the "wanabee" or "poser" mechanics. If, "for example" 13mm or 1/2" bolt head or nut is not pristine, then no magic spanner/wrench is going to make it better. Reminds me of the American fashion house "Neiman Marcus" sometimes referred to as "Needless Markup". Maybe the world has moved on, seized and rust-reduced bolts were common back in the day. Except for the illustrious, who like many here, deal with rusted crap on a daily basis, motor mechanics/technicians today are faced with a whole range of different problems such as "which way is UP on the diagnostic Din socket"... and "Is the VIN# ABCD, with transmission XYZ99 version 4, 100% compatible with my software 2019-V1.1234, which was released prior to COVID-19 and limited to VIN#'s ABCD to EFGH, unless the transmission is dated as 00/00/2019 to 01/01/2019.....

As for "Joker" wrenches............... it is either old age or the sales pitch that has caused a warm damp feeling......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: