classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

bubbles when spraying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
Ray White

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:10 am    Post subject: bubbles when spraying. Reply with quote

I am having a problem with small bubbles (at least I think that's what they are) being deposited on the surface. I am certain that the surface is not contaminated and the air is dry so I wonder if it is possible that the compressor air pressure is too high?. Unfortunately the gauge has broken so it's a bit hit and miss. Could the air pressure be a cause?
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you have a pic?

micro blisters can occur when panels are left in just primer for a few days prior to the top coat being applied. Sometimes it takes weeks or months for them to appear.

Dave
Ray White

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukdave2002 wrote:
do you have a pic?

micro blisters can occur when panels are left in just primer for a few days prior to the top coat being applied. Sometimes it takes weeks or months for them to appear.

Dave

No, this is as I am applying the top coat to primer laid and dry flatted the previous day.. Most of the bubbles disappear and the rest go with compound but I have not seen it before and prefer not to make work for myself if I can help it.

Could I have had the compressor up to high? Just a thought.
Ray White

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem was with the gun. I had been a bit too mean with the cleaning thinners resulting in a build up in the take up tube. Following a thorough clean the problem appears to have gone. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: