classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Spinner hammers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
lowdrag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Spinner hammers Reply with quote

I got the old Thor hammer out - you know, the one with one side copper and the other leather - and the leather was so old, battered and dry that it fell out. Now spinners these days are manganese-bronze whereas in the old days they were steel, and they dent easily. so I did some research, and came up with the "Deadblow" hammers.Reading further, they seem eminently suitable so I ordered one yesterday and to my surprise it was delivered lunchtime today. One hard blow on the spinner released it, and since the - changeable - heads are nylon there is not one mark. The dear old traditional hammer is now in the dustbin, and the new one fits snugly in the spare wheel well. I recommend it to one and all.

COMMAD

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool And it's made in England.. Cool Cool
Ray White

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having just splashed out on new spinners for the MG TC I am looking at making one of these...

Bitumen Boy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray White wrote:
Having just splashed out on new spinners for the MG TC I am looking at making one of these...

Yes, have a go at it. It looks eminently DIYable, so long as you have time to work at it.
lowdrag

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The laminated ones you can but at around £20 have a reputation for delaminating after a while. Anyway, the hammer will be useful for keeping the grandchildren in order!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: