classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Semaphore Trafficators
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
bobmgtdusa

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Semaphore Trafficators Reply with quote

Aaaargh, what a dweeb I am!

I just looked closely (under a powerful magnifying light) and I can just barely make out an "0" next to the SF-8. So they are SF-80s after all.

Bob

bobmgtdusa wrote:
Hi Dave,
I just picked up a battered, but working (albeit sluggishly) pair of SF-8 (not SF-80) trafficators, minus the lenses, chrome lens holders and escutcheon plates. I see from your pictures that you have everything *but* the SF-8 shown. Would you know if the SF-8 parts are similar/identical to the SF-80 series?
Thanks and best regards,
Bob
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob

sorry missed your original post, the SF80's are most common and pratical as you can still but new orange arms and chrome covers. Many cars that were originally fitted with the earlier types now have the SF80, they are avalible in both 6 and 12 v so if buying them check they are ok for your application.

Cheers Dave
bobmgtdusa

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dave,
Thanks for the reply. If I need parts for these SF80 units, maybe you can help me out. I might need a pair of escutcheon plates. What would the cost be for these? You can reply offline if you wish: bob9091@optonline.net I can pay by PayPal, if that's acceptable.
Best regards,
Bob

ukdave2002 wrote:
Hi Bob

sorry missed your original post, the SF80's are most common and pratical as you can still but new orange arms and chrome covers. Many cars that were originally fitted with the earlier types now have the SF80, they are avalible in both 6 and 12 v so if buying them check they are ok for your application.

Cheers Dave
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest the escutcheon plates are so simple that you would probably be best making them up and having the chromed, I will have a look tommorrow to see what I have got.

Cheers Dave
Ananth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Semaphore Trafficators Reply with quote

I need trafficators to suit 1950 Morris Minor 4 door sedan. Pls let me know if they are available with you.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep I can sort you out with a pair of trafficaters no problem, I'll PM you.

Dave
ConstanceBertha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Lucas trafficators Reply with quote

Hi Dave
I've just seen your previous post; we have a 1934 Austin 12 /4 heavy Berkeley. I think the trafficator model is SE62. Do you have any information that would help me to confim if this is the trafficator model I need? If so, and you have the model I need, could you please email me or post a message with the price?
Alan
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Originally they would have had SE 26, wich are very rare these days, the SE62 were often fitted by coachbuilders or on commercials as they were in an external case.

Dave
ricremm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Semaphore Trafficators Reply with quote

UKdave2002 wrote:
I have loads of these, some new, mainly Lucas and some new spares, (don't have any of the German ones for VW's). I do occasionally refurbish them and stick them on eBay for my beer money!

I also have the Lucas master catalogues from 1930 to 1960 so can advise what your car was originally fitted with.

If anyone needs some get in touch.

Cheers Dave

Dave, I have recently purchased a 1948 Fordson e83w here in the United States. Would be interested in purchasing a set of new trafficators in 12 volt for this panel, if you would have them (looks like model SF36)
What would your price be on these and shipping to the U.S. (zip code 80918)
Thanks very much,
Rick R.
sgrants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Gidday UkDave Reply with quote

Do you still have any Trafficators for sale? I'm after a pair of 12 volt ones for my 1954 Morris J Van. also mounting and escutcheon plates would be cool, I'm in New Zealand but I have contacts in the U.K.
The_ Yellow_Ardvark

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: OH the gods smille tonight. Reply with quote

Do you have a matching pait to suit a 1952 2liter AC.
If so howe much?

Please be good and nice.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes ! to both last 2 posts for the trafficators, I'll PM you both. Dave
7Berks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Traffis Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Just found this whilst general surfing so joined up straight away, quick work from the Rick.

I've got an Austin 7 '34 Box Saloon and according to Sandy Croall of the RP register mine should have SE26 traffis but as you so rightly say they are almost impossible to find.

The SE62s look very similar to me and I would be interested in a pair if you have them.

P.S. I have a BNOS pair of 6V SE100s if anybody is interested and pair of BNOS Ford Pop type Lucas 575 headlights both still in their boxes with wiring bulbs etc.
Ski

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Trafficators Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Do you still have any Trafficators for sale? I'm after a pair of 12 volt ones for my 1957 MG Magnette Laughing . also mounting and escutcheon plates would be cool, I'm in located in the USA.

Thanks,
Mike
NLWim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: SF80 trafficator Reply with quote

Dave, possibly you missed my earlier messages. (passed through the topic lukas trafficators). I have a SF34 trafficator which I would like to change to a SF80 one. To fit the SF80 I also need an adapter type582087.
For the existing SF80 trafficator I need a lense. Could you help me out wuith a refurbished SF80 and the lens and adapter?? I can let you have the SF34. Please inform me with your price and pssibilities of shipping on e-mail adress wbstam@rs-hydrauliek.nl
Thanks,
Wim
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: