classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

ANY LONG SUFFERING OTHER-HALVES OUT THERE?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
giggles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Willys and Teardrop are excellant! Cool
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

All I can say is wow!

Cheers for the pic!

Dave
old gto

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaybee.....my wife saw the pictures of your garden, and told me
"DON`T get any ideas!"
erindoors

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I went out with my camera the other day and took the following photos, this is what happens when Mr Erindoors is left to his own devices, the garden gets taken over by strange shaped objects!! I wouldn't mind if they were nice looking objects like the nice Diamond T front Kaybee (great stuff by the way) but Mr Erindoors’s ‘garden ornaments’ are not the most attractive ones if you know what I mean.... Crying or Very sad

Mrs Old-Nail, I totally sympathise with you when it comes to un-cooperative components, only yesterday he came back from the garage with not one finger with some sort of cut/bruise but both thumbs now have plasters in them - maybe its just an excuse to skip the washing up duties!!! I can just imagine the language used....... Shocked

His latest misadventure is the replacement of the head-gasket in the E83W truck. It all started with the tightening up of the studs in the engine, and led to snapping 2 of them in half, so remove head and replace studs, and whilst at it, replace the head-gasket as it was making a chirpy noise, take it down the road for a spin, gets back and the new head-gasket has gone again bugger!!! - I think he’s left it for a bit now, until he ‘cools’ down.

I remember when we bought this house, the first thing he did was to make a bee-line for the garage to see how suitable it was for the Dodge truck - never mind about the house that happens to be next door to it! Need I say any more?

And the suffering continues.... Rolling Eyes

Erindoors
Brian M

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrs Erindoors,

You should be very proud of his artistic ability. It must have taken a lot of thought and imagination to create the sculpture in rubber and steel that adorns your garden. The angle he has chosen for that front axle is sublime.

I think such a work of art should be in a gallery.

I also like his use of propshafts as a climbing frame for your conifers.

I hope you will share the unveiling of his next work that is currently under the blue tarpaulin.

The man is a genius.
old gto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian.......
Very brave attempt to convince the ladies of the artistic value, LOL! I`m still a bit new here, but I doubt they will appreciate it like we do.
Example......
One day the wife came into the garage to find me leaning against the bench, staring at the car. She said,
"I thought you were out here working. But you`re just HIDING!"
"No," I told her, "This is a very important phase.....I`m, PLANNING!"

Laughing
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not alone there gto -

I have the utmost difficulty in convincing my other half that when staring out of the window or thumbing through old car magazines I am actually working!
erindoors

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian,

In case you haven’t guessed it yet - the ‘artwork’ under the tarpaulin is not 1 but 2 vintage trailers!!! I dread to think what the grass will be like underneath when he finally removes them! (if that ever happens - which I doubt!) Mad

Please don’t encourage him!!!! The car-show season is no doubt about to start so God know what further additions we are to expect this year. Shocked

Now, when it comes to planning Mr Erindors sure seems to do plenty of that, not a lot of progress can be seen even after a few nights in a row stuck in that garage I must say. Whenever I pop in (which, truth be said, is not often) I can see no difference at all from the last time I went in there. Rolling Eyes

Perhaps he’s ‘planning’ the way to tackle the Dodge…the Devon pickup... the E83W… the Devon saloon ... the Austin A40… the 3 utes…….. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Erindoors
Brian M

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erindoors

Like Rick I also hate cutting the grass, so killing it off under various classic vehicles seems a great idea to me!

It must be something in the female psyche that none of you can understand why the male of the species can spend hours cleaning underseal off a panel, just to paint it again so it looks just like it did when we started!

My other half is happy to know that I am in the garage, at least she knows I am not out drinking or chasing wild women!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erindoors, if you're not careful I'll just turn up with something new without pre-warning you Very Happy

Brian, the piece of sculpture that so caught your eye has sadly been dismantled, in the name of tidying up or something Exclamation Question Question Exclamation Question not that it couldn't be resurrected at a moment's notice Wink

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
giggles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least most of my hubby's rusting bits and bobs are tucked away in sheds or behind the caravan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: