classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

granada mk1 coupe convertible restoration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
drekgranada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: granada mk1 coupe convertible restoration Reply with quote

i have a 1977 mk1 granada coupe converible restoration project,very rare conversion originally converted by BLACKPOOL CONVERSIONS
i have had this car for approximately seven years.....

it doesnt look much at the moment but i have a loft full of new parts to fit it mostly all genuine,and boy it does come to a lot of dead money lying aroung ion my loft but its well worth it......

i am going to make a rollover jig so i can clean all the underneath and it will help when i need to change the rear axle as i am sending it away for sandblasting and then its going to be powder coated in gloss black then when its back here at my home i will be fitting all new suspension rubbers to it

also if you look at the picture of the car you can see there is no front valance as i removed it ready for the new one but i wont fit this until the front axle is fitted in again(i have alreadyu had this powder coated but need to reasemble it as its in bits at the moment in my garage.......

as time goes oin i will be adding more to this so you can see what i am actually doing with the car........
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi drek, thanks for posting the pics, look forward to following progress with it!!

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought the coupe version of the Granada Ghia was the best looker, I have had two of the 3 litre Ghia saloon versions but never managed to buy the coupe.

It would be nice to see a restored one on the road.
drekgranada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well old nail
i am a lover of the coupe much more than the saloon version

this convertible is my little baby really as i spend untold in parts for her i recently boght two genuins bottom fog/driving lamps and the surrounds from ebay for £206.00 and i am well happy with the price i got them for as these are rare to find items especially new genuine old stock ones......

see my other one next to the convertible thats a very good tidy one but not in the least mint condition as of yet!!
PACresta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will look forward to seeing your progress on the Coupe, love the look this car, any idea's what colour you will end up with?
drekgranada

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pa
i will be respraying it radiant red coz its a really shiny deep red,i like the colour as i have had another coupe that was this colour ,my brother in law painted it for me and it was like a mirror finish......

del........
VWPowered

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ride, but isnt it a mk2 Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: