classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A place to meet other J Type owners
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: A place to meet other J Type owners Reply with quote

Thanks for offering to start this, Rick

Only recently I suggested the need for a forum for people restoring Morris J Types (J, JB, Austin 101) to Harvey Pitcher who runs the owners club, edits the club magazine and is a noted author about the marque.

Because our vans are rare, there are few of us in the club, and we are spread out all over the world......so even being a club member doesn't massively improve your chances of chatting to a J type owner too often.

I, for one, feel pretty much out on a limb doing my restoration. I really have had to teach myself just about everything I have done so far.....usually from books. It would be great to come here and within a matter of days or even hours have an answer to a query from someone who has been there, done that.

The question is, how do we spread the word and get people to come here?

Well, step one, I am off to email Harvey and ask him to advertise this venue in the club magazine and on the club website.

SPREAD THE WORD
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rivet

No problemo! I'll give it a mention within the classic van corner of my main site too, see if we can get a few visitors.

Heres a nice pic to be going along with, from the Audlem village show in 2005...

cheers
Rick
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: woah, superb! Reply with quote

Love the picture, Rick. I haven't seen this one. I love the colour scheme. It looks like the Morris Service one.

I have one of the Corgi models with that scheme.....and with the Morris Service (of Cirencester) livery decals on it.

And as a matter of fact, have considered something very much like it for my pick-up.
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject: uploading pictures Reply with quote

Incidentally, how did you up-load the image to the thread?
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

That photo appears on my site already, in the Show Photos section, so I just posted an Img (image) link to the photo.

If you want to post images, you need to upload/copy them upto a free photo hosting service (such as photobucket or imagebucket I think its called), then place a link to it from your post on here

cheers
Rick
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: test Reply with quote

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/rivet_101/962_mini.jpg

I created this little rendering by airbrushing out the top of the van to approximate an idea I had for mine. In my case it would have to be built up from scratch because I just have a cab, as my vehicle is the remains of a milkfloat.

This posting is just a test to see if I can link to an image
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: the day I collected my 101 Reply with quote

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/rivet_101/028_25.jpg
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linking to an url seems to work fine, if you use the Img button instead, it should in theory display the image in your post, if you uncheck the Disable HTML option below the message area before clicking on Submit.

cheers
Rick
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/rivet_101/028_25.jpg[/IMG][img][/img]
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope, must have done something wrong
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: testing Reply with quote

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/rivet_101/028_25.jpg[img][/img]
admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just click Img button once

then paste in the address to the image

then click Img button again

this should leave you with (note lowercase img)

[img]link to pic[/img]

and remember to uncheck the Disable HTML option

Rick
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: trying again Reply with quote

[img]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g102/rivet_101/962_mini.jpg[/img]
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:
rivet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: