classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Electric vehicles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
pigtin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not going to happen until we have run out of fossil fuel, otherwise just imagine... the fuel revenues would drop as use of alternatives increase. Then the law of supply and demand kicks in and the government and refiners drop the price of fossil fuels--total chaos! not in my lifetime.
As Dave says, it will have to be consumer driven and they are not going to let it happen... Are they?
alfanut

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

old gto wrote:
There was a short spot on TV a few weeks back that highlighted a sporty 2 seater with VERY impressive performance....(including smoking the tires!), but I only saw a part of it, and did not catch the name of the car, or the maker.

I think it was the Tesla:
http://www.teslamotors.com/index.php
Which I suppose is named after Nikola Tesla the real inventor of radio and the wireless transmission of electricity.

Geoff
old gto

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you alfanut, that is it exactly. Kind of blows the theory that electric cars are slow , ugly, and boxy...eh?
When you mention "electric cars" to many folks, they envision a golf cart with doors, LOL!

Last edited by old gto on Sat May 26, 2007 11:18 am; edited 2 times in total
pigtin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that is impressive, but look at the price?
old gto

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigtin wrote:
Now that is impressive, but look at the price?

Exactly what I mean! And for that price, you are limited to 100 mile range (100 out and 100 back), because you can`t be sure there will be a place to re-charge at your destination! Great for staying around town though!
pigtin

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohm's law has a lot to answer for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: