classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

brake master cylinder for my 52 plymouth
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
62rebel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: brake master cylinder for my 52 plymouth Reply with quote

just received new brake master cylinder for my 1952 Plymouth Cambridge saloon; cost me $215usd.... retails for $372usd... yeesh. this expenditure nearly doubled the price of the car..... but i'm darn glad to get it. it's a very odd design incorporating the pedal pivot point and reservoir in itself.
looking very hard into a digital camera so i can share piccys. she's a solid old girl, runs like a watch, wanting a new paint job and some metal repairs to the rocker boxes. all of the plated mazac trim has deteriorated badly and i've simply had them sandblasted and i painted them silver.
love the fragrance of old wool upholstery in these cars.....
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reb, I just saw this posting. Do you realise that you should wear a hat when you are driving the Plymouth? I believe thats one of the reasons behind the design....

Are you sure that you arent a Mopar fan?

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not only a fedora, but complementary in colour to the suit you should be wearing. and i'm not confining myself to any one type of old car anymore; i love seeing anything older than myself still operational!
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you mean a zoot suit?

The others are going to wonder just what we are talking about.....

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weel, no.... not a zoot suit per se, although there is a local haberdasher who does specialize in shall we say "ethnic" clothing. their styles range from fairly conservative '40's style to really outrageous stuff.
i'd prefer a lightweight wool three piece in grey... maybe even dark blue with a bowler.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: