classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My first event in 2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Brian M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: My first event in 2007 Reply with quote

A few general shots of my first event for 2007, held yesterday at Abridge near Romford Essex.

Over 140 cars with an age range of 98 years. From a 1909 Daimler to a 2007 Cobra Replica with only 40 miles on the clock.

The red 1909 Daimler surrounded by a crowd alongside the Cobra Club stand.

A nice mixture

And the sun shone for most of the day

Part of the American selection

Another mixture

One for Scotty

My favourite car at the show

This Mark 10 Jaguar won car of the show

My own personal section - my Amazon alongside a friends!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Looked like a good show, was it well attended?

You picked a really good day weather wise too!

Cheers

Dave
Brian M

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather forecast for the day was awful - a "severe weather warning" the night before, but on the day it was a bit overcast in the morning and then the sun broke through at lunchtime.

As to attendance - the car display is part of a Village weekend to support the community hall and sports field, on the Saturday there is an indoor craft and antiques market as well as a few outdoor stalls.

Further to the previous messages about shows organised for profit, I charge a few hundred pounds and the gate money was about £9000 from 3000 visitors. Free entry for all in their classic cars, trophies and plaques - all in all a good day for everyone involved.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

It was nice here if I remember rightly!

Glad it went well

Cheers

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: