classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

the Isle of Wight military vehicle restoration shop show
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
62rebel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: the Isle of Wight military vehicle restoration shop show Reply with quote

we get an Americanized version of a show about this museum's owner and staff rebuilding WW2 armor; a Comet tank, a Sherman, and a Panther. what is good in the show is the humor shared by the staff as they confront obstacles in the restoration process and overcome them, and the excellent historical overviews given for each tank. my complaint about the show is that a huge portion of it is given over to comparing 60 year old technology to our modern Abrams tank. I DON'T CARE! i watch the show to see the OLD stuff being repaired; not "commercials" for the NEW stuff. the producers of the show must feel that the subject matter is inadequate for consumption "AS-IS", and needs to be "jazzed up" for the general populace to enjoy. grrrrr. it's almost as if half of the show was produced solely by British crews and the rest by Americans. and i don't care for our television production at all, except for "Lost", which i follow rabidly.
john-saab

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Re: the Isle of Wight military vehicle restoration shop show Reply with quote

62rebel wrote:
we get an Americanized version

We get the same show (American commentatator).
I visited the Museum last year...its great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: