classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

"poor john" repairs and modifications
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweden is a lot more friendly to classic cars, especially American ones, than a lot of other European countries, and is a really nice place to drive them.

Visitors are usually amazed at the size of the American car scene here. In spite of a small population, I believe it is the biggest in Europe...which must make us Detroit friendly!

I have posted links somewhere to car meetings.

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got a spare room? with a garage? and a visa application?
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer to those questions is yes, as long as your luggage consists of Lincoln / Chrysler parts!

UJ
62rebel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ, i'm afraid the best i could do is my '52 and a set of spark plugs! how do the Swedes feel about oddball pets? couldn't leave my raccoon behind... almost nine years old and very loyal family member!
pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be warned 62 Rebel, last time I was in Sweden I couldn't find a pub.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You dont need to leave your raccoon behind, because they are native to Sweden anyway....but we call them (literary translated) 'Laundry Bears'

We do have some pubs, but they are too expensive...

UJ
pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great name"Laundry Bears" it has a good clean ring to it, quite unlike the creatures I saw splattered across the road when I last drove in the Deep South. The thought of having to tell Mr Hertz that the car I had hired from him had been damaged by a collision with a laundry bear doesn't bear thinking about (pun not intended.)

Don.
62rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OF COURSE! the german name is "waschbar" IIRC. she does resemble a small bear when she walks or sits upright to eat or relax. they're classified along with the bear as "imperfect walkers" due to their palm down walking method. of course, they run very quickly and climb like dickens! i have several pet names for her, such as little bear and badger, etc. i notice a fewof your countrymen keep pet badgers too.....
pigtin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the subject of Badgers, if I may deviate a little, just seen a report that the city of Basra in Iraq (as if they haven't enough problems) has been cursed by a plague of giant Badgers. They must be kidding, it sounds almost "pythonesque"....
62rebel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a mental picture now of Graham Chapman in Royal Army Major uniform addressing a battalion of kilted badgers... who all begin to do calisthenics in unison...
there's entirely too much silliness here. i must insist this sketch stop this instant!
(self edited to remove political overtones. sorry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: