classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Installing spotlights on Rubber bumpered MGB
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rodney Clarke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Installing spotlights on Rubber bumpered MGB Reply with quote

Been restoring a rubber bumpered MGB roadster and now want to fit a pair of spotlights.I don't want to drill bumper.Best advise to date is to bracket them off mesh between bumper and radiator.Could do with any ideas to help me make a good job. Thanks
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: re:spotlights Reply with quote

Yup I had a look at a rubber bumper MG the other day, I think the only option is to run a bracket thru the small grille beneath the main bumper, assuming there is something substantial enough under there to securely mount brackets on?

hth
Rick
Rodney Clarke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: re:spotlights Reply with quote

[quote="Rick"]Yup I had a look at a rubber bumper MG the other day, I think the only option is to run a bracket thru the small grille beneath the main bumper, assuming there is something substantial enough under there to securely mount brackets on?

hth
Rick[/quote]
Thanks,Rick.Confirms what Moss' chap at Darlington told me.Might be able to get a short piece of flat steel on back of grill to spread load.This chap advised me not to use a badge bar cos I'd get too much shake on lights. Cheers,Rodders
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: bracket Reply with quote

Aye I think you would have to watch the overall weight of lamps, badge bar etc

good luck
Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: