classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Primers etc
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rivet_101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzy bee, I only know what I pick up from others, but I am planning on waxoyling absolutely everywhere underneath and down inside every crevice or channel, including drilling access holes in closed in panelling and pumping the stuff in.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivet, I´ll tell you a story about Hammerite. A few years ago, I restored my metal balcony. Some of it, I "protected" with Hammerite. At that time, I thought it was best. The rest of it, I protected with Hirch Miracle paint. Now, ALL of the Hammerite protected metal needs replacing. The Hirch protected metal is STILL Perfect.

Dont forget that if you dont get rid of the rust, then NOTHING will stop it! If you are going to use Waxoyl, then just use it on inside surfaces. Use something like Tectyl or a Bitumen based underseal on exterior surfaces, over correctly applied chassis paint or even Hammerite if you must!

I have some closed chassis sections to do myself shortly, but for those, I am going to try out a little experiment!
Rivet_101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fingers crossed for my chassis, then Embarassed
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irrespective of my opinions, pumping it full of any kind of undersealing agent can only help!

It is relaxing in a workshop isn´t it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: