classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

NASC Nationals
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: NASC Nationals Reply with quote

I've just got back from what I consider to be the best show of the year so far.
My apologies for being a hot rod fan, but the NASC Street Rod Nationals held at Trinity Park near Ipswich was an absolute corker of a weekend.
I took some pics which I'll post in the next few days.
Didn't bump into giggles, but couldn't locate UK Customs plot at all.
Maybe I'd gotten too much sun!!

Roll on next August Bank Holiday!!
giggles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super weekend! Weather was excellent and the best thing: it was a weekend show that we could nip home for a bath!! We spent all weekend chatting with friends and driving around.

We were camped on the very far right of the site outside the nice new toilet block. We'll have to arrange a meet-up at the next big show. SHould be at Thetford for the Iceni picnic in September.

Best bit for us was seeing our friends faces when we turned up in our new car and no-one knew that we'd bought it. Laughing (Don't worry, the Snipe is safe! We're keeping that as well!!)

Again, over the next few days I'll post my photo's up.

As part of the event, we all cruised down to the sea-side just down the road. Here's a video of us arriving on the Prom, We're behind the black roof chopped Morris Minor, about 5.3 minutes into the video. A couple od the low-rider guys cycled down!!
giggles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a few photo's:

My friends low-rider

Bob tailed Land Rover, built for a bit of fun by my friend with the low rider. Amazing lad! His friend built this Fiesta, look pretty standard with a satin black paint jpb, but hiden in the back is a Rover V8.

I didn't take that many photo's and what I did take were mostly friends cars. My photo of the weekend:

My little one sound asleep after a busy day on the cruise & looking round the stalls! Bless her. Wink
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See you at Thetford!
gillberry

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you kept the car secret till then then, did you get a few surprised faces?,

what did you tow the caravan with ?
giggles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took the caravan up with the Volvo, spoke to a few friends and joked about them wishing they had one too!!! Mike told them all that we were nipping out to do some shopping and we went over to his parents to collect the Ford.

We followed another friend (the guy with the '70's BMW) into the showground, Mike beeped the horn and he turned round looking a bit stunned to see us in that car! Then we drove round back to the caravan and spoke to a couple more people we know, who congratulated Mike on the new purchase.

One friends face was a picture, he smiled at the car as we approached as he has a 60's Fairlane. When he realised it was us he looked very confused, pointed then waved like mad!! He spoke to us shortly after and said "Is it yours?"
Mike replied "Yes"
"Woow!! You are keeping the Humber aren't you?"
"Yes"
"Cool!!!"

There were a few who's noses were put out, as they'd bought new cars. One kept driving past all weekend and never spoke. A freind of his commented about us being in a different tax bracket to the rest of them!!!! Rolling Eyes Until Mike told him it was the replacement for the Fiat he wrote and explained the story of the accident.

Have to say, the Volvo didn't seem too happy towing the caravan home and we had a heck of a job getting the van back on the drive. The reverse knobby-thing wouldn't go in and people were getting impatient waiting behind us. One guy told Mike to learn to drive!!!!!! HE should try what Mike was tryin to do. I thought he was going to hit Mike at one stage. The road we live on isn't a main road, it's just a narrow side road, that with a little consideration and help from others would have made our job a little easier. Bl**dy nightmare! Makes taking a tent to events a good idea! Evil or Very Mad
gillberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The volvo should have no probs towing your caravan , as for your reverse knobbly thing we had a service to make sure all was ok before using ours .
giggles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think leaving the hitch uncovered over the winter helped. Embarassed The Volvo was fine going there, it was just coming back. It might need a service & oil change.
gillberry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now you have your manuals you can see which bits need greasing .
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job-Rated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job-Rated

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuchamp

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Pics, Thanks! Cool
giggles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job-Rated wrote:

That's my friend T!! Cool He built it himself in just under 9 months! Hubby got to drive it on the Monday and loved it!!
giggles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this one is our's! Nice photo. Cool
[quote="Job-Rated
[/quote]

Roll on Thetford! (Sunday 9th September, Iceni Car Clubs Picnic in the Forest) Will your truck be ready by then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: