classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Attention to detail
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Attention to detail Reply with quote

Why is it that people obviously spend much time and effort, not to mention money, on restoring and showing a vehicle, and they then (a) tie up the information board with baler twine, or wire or similar, and (b) leave Tesco/Sainsbury/Coop shopping bags with their lunch in, strewn around the interior?. Never mind fixing the catalogue number with a torn off bit of masking tape! Just a thought.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

Welllllll I suppose these are vehicles 'in use' and plastic bags etc could always be removed, but I know what you mean. What grates with me is old lorries that have been done to A1 condition, then livery applied using vinyl (computer) cut lettering - just doesnt look right, and often the typeface used is way too modern also.

Excess chrome is a bit OTT in many cases too!

If I ever show any of my old jalopies, I do try and have period mags 'dumped' on the back seat, a period clip on picnic tray or similar accessories in evidence, and an old Box Brownie or similar casually left on the parcel tray, alongside an AA book for the vehicle's build year.

Although anythings better than an old car hidden away for years on end doing nothing (like most of mine also alas!)

Rick
LandRoverman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Detail Reply with quote

I like the bit about period magazines and the odd item of the time, the box brownie for instance. Its all so simple really, but makes a difference to the overall effect.
Erick65

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reason Reply with quote

[quote="LandRoverman"]I like the bit about period magazines and the odd item of the time, the box brownie for instance.[/quote]

But why talking about "magazines"? and why mentioning "period"?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: