classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

London to Brighton run - 3rd November, Regent Street
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: London to Brighton run - 3rd November, Regent Street Reply with quote

Sorry took so long in posting these, been very busy - luckily had posted these on another forum so just had to copy and paste!

The saturday before the oldest running motoring event takes place for 2007, half of Regent Street in central London was closed off for over 100 vehicles taking part in the run to be seen up close by the public, and for some of them to give demonstration runs. Enjoy!

Impressive man made out of poppies - not so impressive was that of the many people I saw having their photos taken with it (over a dozen), not a single one was wearing a poppy

The view north up Regent Street

An impressive looking vehicle, wasn't in the programme though, presumably French

Renault

Pierce Arrow charabanc, which is the OLD Friends Antique Rapid Transit! Presumably this spent some of it's time as a military lorry if built before/during WWI

My favourite, 'Genevieve', star of the film of the same name. She's a 1904 Darracq and was found in a yard full of rubble shortly after WWII. After filming she spent forty years in Australia before returning to Europe in 1990, and is now part of a large collection in the Netherlands.

A 1917-1923 model Ford Model T

An early Cadillac

I'm feeling horny

1904 Pope Hartford

1904 Peugeot

The fantastic 1904 Peerless 'Green Dragon' racer, which came in from the USA just for the run

1904 Cadillac

1903 MMC

1903 Mercedes racer

1903 De Dion Bouton with the bonnet up....

....and one with the bonnet down

1903 Berliet, the earliest 'modern' looking car

1902 Wolseley

1902 Westfield

1902 Renault - the dog even appears in the photo of the car in the programme!

1902 Rambler

1901 Steamobile

1901 Renault

1901 Panhard et Levassor

1901 Mors

1901 Humber

1901 Gladiator

1901 Curved dash Oldsmobile

1899 Victoria combination

1897 Panhard et Levassor

1899 Dechamps

1896 Salvesen steam cart

The oldest vehicle taking part in the run, 1895 Peugeot vis-a-vis

Hopefully i'll be up at 5am tomorrow after an all night party to get down to Hyde Park Corner to watch them set off, hope you enjoy the photos.
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous pictures Thanks for the posting. Can almost smell them!!
I trust the congestion zone fees, the low emission zone tarrif and any other tax raising wonders that the Hon Mayor has seen fit to foist on us were waved for the occasion!
Scotty

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob - once again thank you for taking the time to post these photographs. Wink

I soooo want a headlamp on the front of my car like the one on the 1902 Westfield, now that's what I call a headlamp!

Scotty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: