classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fleetwood Transport Festival - "Tram Sunday". 20th
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
LawrenceW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Fleetwood Transport Festival - "Tram Sunday". 20th Reply with quote

Pictures of 2007's event are at the end of this post.

Hello everyone.

The organising committee invite you all and your vehicles to be a part of Fleetwood Transport Festival 2008!!

Fleetwood Transport Festival is widely acknowledged to be the most unique, transport-themed, FREE family day out in the North West of England. The Fleetwood Transport Festival has been firmly established in the rally calendar for 24 years, however it is more commonly known as "Tram Sunday" (especially to the locals).

The next event falls on Sunday 20th July 2008. (Always the 3rd Sunday of July)

Fleetwood Transport Festival 2007 was the best event that we've had in many years, despite severe weather warnings which may have put some vehicle owners off attending. We had an exceptionally wide variety of vehicles attend the event and vehicle management and placement was much improved with our new plans which will continue in 2008!!

The festival is uniquely held in Fleetwood's Historic Town Centre, which is the part of the world's first electric street tramway. This means that the roads are closed and your vehicles will be parked on the firm road surface rather than a muddy field, especially useful for heavier vehicles which sometimes have a tendency to get stuck on fields.

The event is only a short way from Blackpool off the M55 motorway.

Usually attracting around 50,000 visitors it is a tremendously fun day with attractions for people of all interests and ages including Vintage Trams, Classic Cars, Buses, Commercial Vehicles, Motorcycles and other Special Interest Vehicles of all types, sizes and descriptions.

There is also much to entertain families with a national gathering of Town Criers, bands, dancers, miniature and model railways, military, gymnastic displays, fairground rides and of course the scenic sea-front and beach. There are many one day only transport-related trade stands along with many of the local shops, cafés and restaurants open, ensuring all the family get maximum enjoyment throughout the day.

This means that Fleetwood Transport Festival is not only great for the individual classic owner, but also an ideal place for your North West club meet, not only to witness it's wide range of enthusiast vehicles but also for those club members who have families who will the masses of amusements and performances throughout the mile-long, seaside event. Please let us know in advance if you intend to come as a group.

For peace of mind, a large dedicated team of marshals will ensure correct vehicle placement and that everyone has a thoroughly enjoyable and safe day out. An early arrival would be advised at the event.

To take part in this wonderful and totally free event please email me for an entry form. Entry AND entrance is all free and we appreciate all of the support we can get at the event. A vehicle pass and parking details will be sent to you closer to the event.

My email address is: lawrence.tramsunday@googlemail.com

I will send entry forms to those interested ASAP. You can also email me simply if you need more information and I will endeavour to help you.

You can visit www.fleetwoodtransportfestival.co.uk to see pictures of last year's events and get a feel of what the event is like.

Here are some of my favourite pictures from the 2007 event:

Reliant Scimitars' Club Meet at the Festival
"Martha" - The World's only Steam Sentinel Passenger Bus
Around 40 buses attended the event.
These included a left-hand drive half-cab bus from Portugal
The Ausin Bullnose was the oldest car at the event
As we can see, this was a very popular event with vehicles, attractions and visitors alike... even in the rain!!
The Monster Truck was a hit with the children
A rare DeLorean DMC12 found a prominent position
There were even minature versions of things
Another, slightly more rare, gorup of cars gathered too
LawrenceW

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entry form can be downloaded here:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/1/28/1726169/FleetwoodTransportFestival2008.pdf

If you have any problems then please email me as I can send it as an attatchment or via the post.

Thanks,
Lawrence
Penman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Last year, Tram Sunday was the same day as the Houghton show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: