classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

E85 converting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: E85 converting Reply with quote

Has anyone on the forum looked into doing an E85 conversion on their classic? I have been doing some research into it myself lately, and wondered if anyone else has.
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know how availible the fuel is in the UK,I seem to remember Sabb offering cars in the UK with it as an option a couple of years ago.
I had an omega converted to LPG a few years ago because I was doing a high milage, did over 150,000 miles in that car and saved a fortune!
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people, especially dutch/belgian think that this is strange when they visit, but LPG has never been available here.

E85 is now becoming quite available, which is part of the reason that I have been looking into it.

Purely as a point of interest, the SAAB that you mentioned had a recall due incompatibilities between E85 and the fuel pump.....now all cured, I believe.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that LPG runs a lot hotter and drier than normal pump fuel, so I'm not sure how that'd go in a classic engine. It something I did ponder about for the Dodge (one day...) but to be honest I'd rather the right stuff, or as close as possible, went into it

RJ
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick, one thing that I can tell your with 90% certainty, is that E85 wouldnt work in your Dodge, and if you dont want to use LPG, then I guess you are stuck with petrol, and polluting the planet..... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: