classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Oh! lack-a-day.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Dirty Habit

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigtin wrote:
I also love that sort of car.
But paying so much petrol tax, to allow our scrofulous rulers to have deeper troughs to dip their snouts into; sort-of spoils them for me. Evil or Very Mad

Thats why I love older American stuff.........if t will run on unleaded it will run on lpg. Also carburettor cars are easy to convert. My Caprice is as cheap to run as my old Fiesta running on petrol.
pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s taken me eleven days to shake off this sodding cold and I still feel weak as a kitten, yesterday I booked all three cars in for an MOT next week.
Decided this evening to do a recheck on the A7 Special: waddaya think? The only front brake cylinder I didn’t renew is spewing out fluid and the pedal goes to the floor. Oh Woe Woe! Thrice Woe. There is a sequence for removing the front bearings on an Austin seven that is passed down from father to son, my father didn’t have an Austin seven so I had to do it the hard way, seems now I have to do it all again. Evil or Very Mad
pigtin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renewed the other wheel cylinder, still spongy. Have to source a new Master Cylinder, not easy for an old Reliant system, there must be something that matches.
Am waiting to join the R3W Reliant Forum, they may know.

On another subject... just went to get petrol, Sainsburys sold out and the next nearest queued out on to the street. We may be in for a bumpy ride.
Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: