classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Speedo restoring.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was an interesting point you brought up O-N. I wonder which is correct, foreshortening or styling. I'm guessing as you, pure styling.

Styling is also evident on the dash as well. Of the cars that have the same body, one has engine turned aluminium, one matt black, and the other wood foil.... in other words sporty, cheap, and posh! Two more and we might have a group! Laughing
Ricky426

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe wrote:
Ricky, do you have the same speedo as the one pictured?

Yesssssssssss

Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky, I'm curious. If you have the same speedo as mine, does that mean that your A727 is the same model also?

The up to 1965 have a rear pump, which means that they can be push stated in an emergency.... Shocked
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe wrote:
The up to 1965 have a rear pump, which means that they can be push stated in an emergency.... Shocked

By Hercules presumably Wink
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not him, hes not strong enough! Laughing

Does seem strange having that provision though on a car so heavy, when smaller ones dont...
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UJ

You can print water slide transfers from a laser or inkjet printer, a simple drawing package would do th job, it may even have the correct font.the transfer paper is quite cheap, and you can get the draft right on normal paper.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea UK. I've even got some Lazertran somewhere which I could use.

O-N, here is a direct quote from the TM to my 300. I thought it might amuse both you and others!

Push Starting.

If the engine fails to start in the normal manner, it may be started by pushing. Towing the vehicle to start is not recommended due to the sudden surge of power when the engine starts.
Turn the ignition on, then move the selector lever to the low position and depress the accelerator pedal slightly. After the vehicle has been pushed to a speed of 15 to 25 mph, the transmission will drive the engine.
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 to 25mph Laughing You were right then Hercules isn't up to it! I do know about that 'Surge of power' thing though..happens with my 2cv all the time! Laughing
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thuoght that would amuse you. 15mph is the equivalent of running the 100 yards in just under 13.5 secs. 25mph just over 8 secs. All this pushing 2.5 tons. The only people I know that can do this used to wear red and white stripes and play on the wing at Central Park.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: