classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Charity vintage lorry run, N Ireland, 2nd August 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Charity vintage lorry run, N Ireland, 2nd August 2008 Reply with quote

FYI

"Firstly I would like to introduce myself, my name is Tracey Rice and I am a member of the Killowen Fundraising group.

In the summer of 2005, two young brothers from our small community in Rostrevor, Co Down, Northern Ireland were diagnosed with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Muscular Dystrophy is a devastating genetic muscle wasting disease for which there is no cure. Children with the condition (mainly boys) are often in a wheelchair by 10 and totally paralysed by their teenage years. Life expectancy without treatment is from late teens to early 20's. The Killowen Fundraising Group was formed shortly after the boy's diagnosis in 2005 and their main focus is on raising much needed funds to support Professor Steve Wilton University of Australia on a specific type of research called Exon skipping. This research is specific to the needs of the Grant brothers and provides a realistic possibility for a treatment of Duchenne

We are currently in the process of organising what we believe to be the 1st ever "Mourne Classic Truck Run". Our aim is to assemble 100 classic/vintage lorries all pre 1990 to take part in a tour of the Mournes starting in Newry at 12 noon on Saturday 2nd August 2008. All proceeds from the event will go towards the research into fighting Duchene Muscular Dystrophy.

The ' Convoy ' will leave Newry proceed through Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Kilkeel, Newcastle, Castlewellan, Kilcoo, Mayobridge and back to Newry. A celebration dinner will be held on the night to present all the proceeds in the Whistledown Hotel Warrenpoint, where well-known singer and entertainer - Susan McCann, will provide the entertainment.

In order to make the event a success and raise as much money as possible we are requesting your support. We would appreciate if you would advertise this event on your website.. Additionally, we would welcome any possible financial assistance from anyone visiting your site to help us with this event, and most importantly to help us in the fight against this terrible disease.

If you would like any further information on the truck run, please do not hesitate to contact me on 079 734 32016 or visit:

www.killowenfundraising.com

www.mournetruckrun.com

Thanking you in advance for your assistance.

Yours sincerely,

Tracey Rice"
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: