classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Loss of power
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: french Reply with quote

I just tried "french military victories" in google. Give it a try! Then put all of your toys back into the box. Grab a beer and off to bed to dream of tappets.
Night night.
Jim Walker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the problem has been solved by now, but 1172 Fords of that period had a Solex carb with a Pilot Air Jet which was not protected by an air filter (I know some of those cars never had an air filter anyway). If that gets obstructed, as it often used to, the car will tick over, but it is reluctant to rev. If it will rev. with the choke in the first position the chances are it is that jet. From memory, the brass jet is about half way down the carb. body, I think on the side nearest to you, and it has a hexagon head. Cleaning that takes almost a few seconds and it often makes a magical difference.

Jim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: