classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hi from Denmark, Wood&Pickett/JANSPEED and VOLVO AMAZON.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
yes I know there r repro ones but arent an exact copy, an original one would be better even if it is not pristine ( a used one would be fine for me)
Will have to search and trawl ebay for a bit longer.
I am also after a karobes rally seat cover but it has to be in good condition and I know they r not cheap!!
yes I know Confused I have a friend here who has the MINI bug Very Happy and he is also on the lookout for these things Cool I have a genuine SPEEDWELL pedal extension, its the same shape as the HOPKIRK, but black Cool
JT

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Jens

I have a Volvo 262C Bertone, it'll be 30 years old next year but still going unlike some of the newer cars today.
bob2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also seen the speedwell but since I m themeing my mini as a 60s rally look alike Id prefer the hopkirk one.
I have an old bucket seat (which needs work) for the driver and need the karobes for the passenger's seat!!

When I finish the resto on the hunter I m planning on starting work on this mini.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen wrote:
Hi again Jens

I have a Volvo 262C Bertone, it'll be 30 years old next year but still going unlike some of the newer cars today.
That is an unusual car Smile not many here, when we go to the classic car meets at the harbour, there is 1 Cool and its been modified with a V8, but all rest kept orginal. But the car is very rare, as the tinworm, really try to eat all Crying or Very sad nice to hear of one more Very Happy
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
I've also seen the speedwell but since I m themeing my mini as a 60s rally look alike Id prefer the hopkirk one.
I have an old bucket seat (which needs work) for the driver and need the karobes for the passenger's seat!!

When I finish the resto on the hunter I m planning on starting work on this mini.
suonds like you have your hands full Cool what year is the Hunter?
bob2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the hunter is a 1970 mark 2 which belonged to my father in law from new!!
However it needed some hard work to get it in good condition again, at present I am doing the underside.
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
the hunter is a 1970 mark 2 which belonged to my father in law from new!!
However it needed some hard work to get it in good condition again, at present I am doing the underside.
uh thats when you get all the burns Crying or Very sad from the welder, if you want to see some of my cars? then check this http://www.youngtimer.dk/ click on traefbilleder, then Helsingoer/16-5 and 30-5 then you can find the green (reg no JC) and my mothers MINI is also inthere = SY56446 is the reg no, its Brooklands green, I just gave it a OEW roof Very Happy my white volvo is also there, its reg no is BM51277 and if you check 19/9 and 26/9 you will find my WP fresh out of hybernation, after 9 years Shocked

Last edited by JC T ONE on Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
bob2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice cars and nice photos.

The wood and pickett GT turbo is really stunning, always fancied a coachbuilt mini!!!

I aint getting any burns though from the hunter's underside because it only had a very small patch in the pass side floor board anda very small part of the outriggers and were carried out by soemone else not by me, even the respray.
I am cleaning the underside and painting it right now!!
Its not a full nut and bolt restoration, more of a rolling restoration although its been sitting still for almost 2 years now!!
Heres some info on the hunter

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2915

And my minis

http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4586
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bob2"]Nice cars and nice photos.

The wood and pickett GT turbo is really stunning, always fancied a coachbuilt mini!!!

Hi Bob II , thanks for the nice words Smile but your minis are also very nice Cool you should have bought the one WP them selwes just had for sale Very Happy http://www.woodandpickett.com/cars-for-sale/15/ all original and unmolested Cool look at the picture with the dash, still got the Smiths
sticker on speedo Cool that will be a nice and easy resto job. just a shame it dont have quarter windows, when all the other selected items are the top end of scale in the WP pricelist.
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was nice, but it would have cost me much more than that to import it over here. Would have cost me too much actually!! Sad

Cant have more cars than I allready have or I'll have to sell one of them!!
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob2 wrote:
that was nice, but it would have cost me much more than that to import it over here. Would have cost me too much actually!! Sad

Cant have more cars than I allready have or I'll have to sell one of them!!
yes then we are in the same boat Wink I just sold a black 93 body, and its nice to have a little more "space" in the workshop, the only thing that could make me reconcider was a GENUINE S Cool but thats just a dream, unless the guy in Portugal starts selling out Wink
bob2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some 6 years (almost 7 now) I sold a 1991/92 Rover mini cooper in black with white roof, only 5/6 were imported here so it was rare even new, I regret selling it now but I regret even more a lost Radford cooper S Mark 1. I went to see it before I bought the rover cooper and it was in very good condition though it needed some work. I saw it during the week and on that saturday afternoon I went to buy it but alas it had been sold that same day in the morning, a couple of hours before!!
It was originally almond green with an OEW roof and had some options from the radford catalogue like doors with quarter windows and winders, white upholstery with fully reclining seats, 5.5 reverse rims and wooden dash!!The owner didnt even now it was a radford and included in the sale two (correct) doors of the standard type ie sliding!!!!
Crying or Very sad
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not good Sad especially when you want a coachbuilt mini Crying or Very sad

I also have a story like that, Crying or Very sad back in 1980 when just back from army, and just finished my education as mechanic, I was offered a REAL
Cooper S Cool the VW dealer ship I just started working for, had it in the sales window, it was black, I cant remember if it was a MK I or II ? but it had Hardys, oil cooler, and 2 tanks so it was after 1966 , I had worked on it, as those "brak wurst" guys could not get it going Wink he he, unfortunally it was then sold to a idiot, who knackered one of the bigends, it came back, and i was told to take the engine from a 1300 GT (Marina type) and put in, but this was also a 11/12year old car, so it also gave up on a bigend Crying or Very sad (told them to put new shells in, but no this could not cost anything), then the deal was cancelled, and the sales maneger offered me the car for 700£ Rolling Eyes but this was too much for me, as I also just moved away from my parents 2 month erlier Confused still remember the clonk it gave, when Steffen and I pushed the thick flange S engine into the iron container, with EN40B cranck and ALL, just taken off the gear box Rolling Eyes
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

http://www.loosechange-band.co.uk/
JC T ONE

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job-Rated wrote:
Welcome to the board!
Thanks Very Happy nice artwork Cool ill show it to my brother, he,s into yank cars Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: