classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

1938 Dodge kew(?) crew cab in Finland
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Mika

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: 1938 Dodge kew(?) crew cab in Finland Reply with quote

I have managed to get a 1938 Dodge truck - I believe that it's 3/4 ton with 136" wheelbase.
I have tried to get any information about this one all over the world -but got only small pieces from here and there. It would be great, if you could help me out a little bit.

My truck has - an original - bigger flathead six engine that was used on Chryslers and DeSotos. The chassis and body numbers tell, that the car has been assembled in England. And originally manufactured in Canada as an export model??

The car has been shipped to Finland as a bare chassis with - I believe - hood, grille, firewall, fenders, running boards, dashboard and chassis with drivetrain. In Finland the local car body manufacturer has made the body on the chassis and also the bed in 1938.

Where could I find any info about production numbers(on chassis's, Canadian made '38's) about how Canadian made cars differ from US-made ? WHAT IS THE ENGINE SIZE?!? the cast number is lost, because the block has frozen at some point and theres a big patch at the side of the engine.Where was the canadian plant? Where did they assemble these cars in England? Advertisements? Factory photographs? even from US made Dodges?

This car was my grandfathers dailydriver in the forties/fifties when working at finnish "girls juvenile home".

I will include a photo of the car as a link to my schools web pages. Note that rear fenders are missing as well the sides from the bed.

[img]http://www.dc.turkuamk.fi/users/mjaakkol/images/mobilisti/1938Sekaauto/uudet/sisustaa/900_HPIM2022.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.dc.turkuamk.fi/users/mjaakkol/images/mobilisti/1938Sekaauto/uudet/sisustaa/dodge_ja_jesse.jpg[/img]
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mika

Thats a fantastic truck, would it be ok to feature the photographs on the main Old Dodge Trucks website?

I dont have any specific information on this model unfortunately. If it was assembled in England, this was most probably at the Kew works. If its a Canadian model it may well have been badged as a Fargo.

Is there a number on the top of the block, near the front end? usually begins with T- xxxxx.

I had a look in the book Dodge Trucks 1929-1947 Photo Archives. The closest I could see was a line-up of 1938 Dodge trucks, amongst them were some vans and pickups with that style of grille, although they all had a one piece windscreen, so your split screen was probably done with the rest of the main body in Finland.

rgds
Rick

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rick"]Hi Mika

Thats a fantastic truck, would it be ok to feature the photographs on the main Old Dodge Trucks website?

I dont have any specific information on this model unfortunately. If it was assembled in England, this was most probably at the Kew works. If its a Canadian model it may well have been badged as a Fargo.

Is there a number on the top of the block, near the front end? usually begins with T- xxxxx.

I had a look in the book Dodge Trucks 1929-1947 Photo Archives. The closest I could see was a line-up of 1938 Dodge trucks, amongst them were some vans and pickups with that style of grille, although they all had a one piece windscreen, so your split screen was probably done with the rest of the main body in Finland.

rgds
Rick[/quote]

Hi Rick, yes you can, bu tsend me an email about this, so I can send you better photos.

On chassis(next to engine) is this number:T60-5205
On firewall : K-15-0-LR 754

engine number IS gone, because the block has been patched(frozen)

My email: mikajaakkola1979(AT)yahoo.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: