classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Vacuum Gauge
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
PAUL BEAUMONT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for replacing the ludicrous vacuum motor with an electric one! if you connect your vacuum gauge with a pipe direct to the manifold it will work ok. If you care to replace the face with one that reads "economy" you will go some where to placate the green brigade!!
Paul
Finch661

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i recently tuned my mini with a vacuum gauge (vacuum carb spacer and gunson low gauge) and it was brilliant. i have had issues with power and pinking since i changed my engine to a 1275. the gauge showed me that my car was running lean and the timing was off aswell. one set, my idel was spot on and didnt jump about. on the road, it was a new car. loads of power and no pinking... i highly recommend tuning with a vacuum gauge.

though i dont know how easy it is with twin carbs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: