classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Austins over Australia 2009.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Jonv8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Austins over Australia 2009. Reply with quote

Sorry to take so long to do this,here are a few snaps of the AOA 09 rally events - not in any particular order,just thought they may be of interest.
http://picasaweb.google.com/AllyV8/AustinsOverAustralia2009#
Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting bodywork on the chunky tired Austin, is it original and/or is there a story behind it?
Jonv8

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob wrote:
Interesting bodywork on the chunky tired Austin, is it original and/or is there a story behind it?
You mean the tractor ?
Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one

http://picasaweb.google.com/AllyV8/AustinsOverAustralia2009#5327898444032659442
Jonv8

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how original it is,they drove from Sydney NSW after coming by ship from New Zealand.Thats a long drive from East to West,across the Nullabor.Several cars made that trip for the Rally with a few incidents along the way and some good stories.
That car in particular blew its head gasket on its way into Perth,my brother helped out by organising a quick skim,(They already had a gasket.) It certainly went well,I was hoping for a ride in it from Perth up to Bindoon for the last roadrun of the rally,but had to make do with driving my brothers 12/6 instead.I've put an extra picture on the web album which shows the interesting single wheel trailer they carry their gear in.Its well travelled,having been all around Europe etc.
My apologies for not having put these pictures up earlier when I could have remembered more detail......
Penman

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I remember seeing plans for a single wheel trailer in a magazine years ago.
The benefit was supposedf to be that when using the cross channel ferries the luggage could be put in the car, the sides folded down and then the whole trailer folded up over the sloping boot which many cars had then; this shortened the overall length on which the car's fare was based.

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: