classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fisher Siesta By L & A Fisher Ltd.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
49barndoor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Fisher Siesta By L & A Fisher Ltd. Reply with quote

16/06/2020 loosing my workshop, Need to find a new home for these 3 rare caravans £3k job lot, One is 95% restored..

Edit .... 04/12/2019....3 Fisher Siesta caravans for sale £4k job lot..

Found this on my travels last week the owner did'nt even know what it was or when it was built, Any help with the ID much appreciated as I told the old boy I would try and find out for him Wink

If any body has one of these they would like to sell I would be very interested as the old boy said he would not sell under any circumstances Rolling Eyes

Fancied it to tow behind my 1950 VW kombi (25hp) Wink

Last edited by 49barndoor on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Dalek63

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks likes its on a set from the film " mad max" after the 3rd world war. Laughing
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an identical caravan on a small CL type caravan site just outside Chorley in Lancashire. The only difference is that oddly, it has fixed, semi-opaque perspex windows! We saw it a couple of years ago, whilst staying overnight with our van. We asked the woman who owned the site about it and she told us that it had orginally belonged to a college student who used to come and stay in it each weekend. Apparently he was very tall and the van really is tiny . . . He eventually moved away from the area and she was left with the caravan, which her grandchildren now use as a playhouse. The woman had an idea of the history of the van - I'm sure she said it was made somewhere in the North West, although I can't remember where - and also who made it. I do remember she said there were only a handful made, however, and that she believed hers was a prototype.

I'll send you contact details for the site this evening.

Last edited by Barry Lord on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
captinbash

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purely a guess but Viking were based in Carlisle and the V shape moulding on the front is similar to the moulding on my Vikings gas bottle locker.
49barndoor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek63 wrote:
Looks likes its on a set from the film " mad max" after the 3rd world war. Laughing

lol yer guess so, its actually an old derelict fishing village on the north east coast of Scotland, The old boy owns the entire village Shocked

Barry Lord wrote:
There's an identical caravan on a small CL type caravan site just outside Chorley in Lancashire. The only difference is that oddly, it has fixed, semi-opaque perspex windows! We saw it a couple of years ago, whilst staying overnight with our van. We asked the woman who owned the site about it and she told us that it had orginally belonged to a college student who used to come and stay in it each weekend. Apparently he was very tall and the van really is tiny . . . He eventually moved away from the area and she was left with the caravan, which her grandchildren now use as a playhouse. The woman had an idea of the history of the van - I'm sure she said it was made somewhere in the North West, although I can't remember where - and also who made it. I do remember she said there were only a handful made, however, and that she believed hers was a prototype.

I'll send you contact details for the site this evening.

Cheers for the info mate Wink

captinbash wrote:
Purely a guess but Viking were based in Carlisle and the V shape moulding on the front is similar to the moulding on my Vikings gas bottle locker.

I wonder Wink Any one else think Viking?
Barry Lord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found a picture of the caravan near Chorley. It was in August/September 2008 when we saw it.

[/img][img][/img]
49barndoor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry Lord wrote:
I've just found a picture of the caravan near Chorley. It was in August/September 2008 when we saw it.

[/img][img][/img]

Cheers Barry for the pic, Here is the perfect combo Very Happy
49barndoor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spoke today with the new owner of the wee blue one and he says it was made by http://www.lyntontrailers.co.uk/Trailerscontact.html in the late 50s and they only made 2 of them Shocked Question
fordf350camper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it would he sell it.
49barndoor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fordf350camper wrote:
Love it would he sell it.

Yer £5k or close to when fully restored Rolling Eyes Laughing
Ranger2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: wee blue one Reply with quote

Cool Hi

The van in questuon is a rare one- even though two have been found! I knew of the Chorley one but dont know where it is if someone would let me know that would be great

The van is a Fisher Siesta from 1961, 8ft long 2 berth cost new £195 - it was a venutre by the company into GRP but they never carried it on

Hope this helps

Ranger2
49barndoor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: wee blue one Reply with quote

Ranger2 wrote:
Cool Hi

The van in questuon is a rare one- even though two have been found! I knew of the Chorley one but dont know where it is if someone would let me know that would be great

The van is a Fisher Siesta from 1961, 8ft long 2 berth cost new £195 - it was a venutre by the company into GRP but they never carried it on

Hope this helps

Ranger2

That is interesting as the guy who owns the one in Chorley and wants £5k for it reckons he knows all about them and said it was built by Lynton Caravans now trading as Lynton Trailers Confused
He is a caravan dealer and I have his phone number if you want it?
Do you know if there was ever any publications or sales brochures produced for the Fisher Siesta? Any period pics? Wink
jonbott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice barndoor Cool
1972 vw camper
1971 mini project
I must be mad!!
Ranger2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:02 pm    Post subject: micro caravan Reply with quote

Lynton never did GRP and it wasnt till the early 60's they began tourers in ernest and Reg Dean came along in 1966 and gave them a whole new identity

Sorry but dealer doesnt know, now if I have a look I may find a very poor leaflet on it

Ranger 2
49barndoor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbott wrote:
nice barndoor Cool

Cheers bud, Its the oldest kombi in the UK and the 4th oldest known to exist worldwide Wink

Ranger2 wrote:
Lynton never did GRP and it wasnt till the early 60's they began tourers in ernest and Reg Dean came along in 1966 and gave them a whole new identity

Sorry but dealer doesnt know, now if I have a look I may find a very poor leaflet on it

Ranger 2

Not surprised the dealer guy got it wrong he did sound like a bit of a wideboy, He also said the caravan was 60 years old and built with the Austin Mini in mind Rolling Eyes
I had to point out that the Mini came out in 1959 Wink

That very poor leaflet would still be great to see Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: