classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Fisher Siesta By L & A Fisher Ltd.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Ranger2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can find it aI will pop it on - but thats a rare Fisher GRP made only one season
OVAL54

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject: members help please please please Reply with quote

hello people this is my first post on here,im new to the forum ,i need your help please

ive recently bought the caravan in question after having my eye on it for over a year or so

here is some photos of it when we removed it from mrs manley farm,

I bought the van off mr thomas as he didnt have the time to restore it to its original condition.

I plan to restore this van (when i get the chance)
Ive done a bit of research on the van on the internet and this is what ive found out up to now,

I found this out on the fisher siesta on google books

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=D3ZN7344S7gC&pg=PA37&lpg=PA37&dq=Fisher+Siesta+caravan&source=bl&ots=3d0gAzisah&sig=4ZTkZwBvqiLM7ATzGd71TjdUHlk&hl=en&ei=Qev_TNe3GZO6hAfl5LzUCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=Fisher%20Siesta%20caravan&f=false

and this on "L & A Fisher Ltd"

http://www.bagshotvillage.org.uk/know/misc.shtml

ive also joined the "my cool caravan" group on facebook and been told this by one of the group members

"I can tell you that this tourer was produced by L and A Fisher of Surrey in around 1960. The Siesta was produced solely to be towed by the then new Mini or even a motorbike and sidecar. The caravan was a commercial failure as buyers preferr...ed the much more refined Holivan Junior. The Siesta was made from GRP in two parts: the bottom then the top, which was a typical method used by caravan manufacturers of the 1950's and 1960's. Your Siesta will be one of about 200 units ever produced, and as far as I am aware is one of the very last examples - if not the last - still around today. Sorry the info is a bit vague. As you've said, there's not much to go on, but I hope this helps Smile" thanks Cameron Burns

I would love to obtain any photos of these vans or original spec ,ie what origianl colour was for these vans???i would also love photos of inside and any other information what may help me to restore this van to its original condition.

thanks once again everybody for your time ,and i hope somebody out there can help me out!!!!

sorry this has been a long first post but im very keen to crack on with this project but I dont want to do anything that I might regret in future months!!!

thanks once again Very Happy
Minty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see that she's gonna be restored - and I completely understand why you'd want to tow her with a Range Rover - but don't forget the stabiliser too! Laughing

Good Luck with the restoration mate. Smile

Regards - Guy.
OVAL54

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an update people here is some information I got back from the fisher owners club about my caravan,hope it might help somebody out!!!Im defo gonna be joining there club,ive also inc some photos of inside the van,ive been spending a few hour sanding inside the van

49barndoor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work splittykid those pics and letter etc are very interesting Cool
OVAL54

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anybody would like all the information i got from the fisher club ,drop me a pm and i will email you the scans,good read Very Happy
OVAL54

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49barndoor

you have two pm mate,sorry for delay in reply dont get much time for pc!

Very Happy
49barndoor

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splittykid whats happened to your pics? Confused

How many more of these out there?

This one is now in my garage in Scotland after it was found in a back garden in Cornwall Very Happy

49barndoor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RotaryBri

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a nice collection that you have there but what is the car behind the Renault 16?

RotaryBri

1976 NSU Ro80
49barndoor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RotaryBri wrote:
That's a nice collection that you have there but what is the car behind the Renault 16?

Cheers Wink

Its a fake patina type3 squareback.

OVAL54

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sorry mate just read your post now!!!mega sorry!!!so happy you have got van!!!drop me an email will give you an update/phone you, have some more info I have found out!!!dont get much time for pc,do you have any photos of inside van??????was the van you bought complete????speak soon regards Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
49barndoor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

splittykid wrote:
really sorry mate just read your post now!!!mega sorry!!!so happy you have got van!!!drop me an email will give you an update/phone you, have some more info I have found out!!!dont get much time for pc,do you have any photos of inside van??????was the van you bought complete????speak soon regards Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

There is no interior in mine mate but I plan to make a copy interior from the other one in my area Wink
OVAL54

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its sadly looking like I may have to sell caravan Sad just not getting anytime to restore it,and dont have the room,or anywhere to store it Crying or Very sad anybody looking for a project????
49barndoor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate I will take it Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: