|Homepage.||This page: Screensaver featuring the classic Baby Austins|
1950s A30 & A35
Screensaver featuring Austin A30s & A35s
Download it free at www.oldclassiccar.co.uk
One of many classic car screensavers freely available on oldclassiccar.co.uk, is this the one that features the baby Austins of the 1950s, namely A30s and A35s, both saloon, car, pickup and even convertible versions!
Twelve photographs feature in this screensaver, all taken by myself at shows and events in the UK. The A30 convertible, a BMC experiment, was seen at the Gaydon heritage museum, and the white A35 convertible at Weston Park in Shropshire.
The latter was a home-made conversion, interestingly it featured the deep side sills modification as found on the pukka BMC A30 prototype/experimental car.
Notes on how to download this screensaver below..
Instructions (PC version only)
1. Click on the Austin screensaver link (see further down)
2. When prompted, save the .exe application file to your PC C: drive & make a note of where you store it
3. Using Windows Explorer, find the file you just downloaded
4. Double click on the file (A30A35.exe) to fire it up
5. A grey window shows on screen
6. You can preview the screensaver before installing, just click Run
7. Any keypress or mouse movement will cancel the screensaver
8. To install the screensaver, click the Install option in the grey window
9. You're done! the A30/A35 screensaver is now your default
10. When you've had enough of it you can go back into your Display settings in MS Windows, and reset to another screensaver if you wish
If you're not too confident with changing your PC settings in this way, it is probably best to get someone who knows more about this kind of thing to do it. It has been tested on my own PC (running Windows XP) and works ok with Internet Explorer 6.0 and Firefox 1.0 browsers. No guarantees, warranties or anything else that it'll work on every new or ancient PC out there! I can't take responsibility for anyone re-configuring their Windows settings by trying this - however it should be fine, but it does require a little knowledge by the user to install it.
Screensaver file A30A35.exe 1.71Mb
|www.oldclassiccar.co.uk (C) R. Jones. Content not to be reproduced elsewhere.|
|Website by ableweb.|