classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Minder aftermarket car alarm / immobiliser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration
Dobbin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Minder aftermarket car alarm / immobiliser Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information or circuit diagrams for an after market car alarm / immobiliser system made by a company called 'Minder' during the eighties or nineties? A friend has one and we suspect it's causing the car to intermittently shut down. Any information would be appreciated to assist our diagnosis of the problem.
Greg

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if you trace the alarm/ immobiliser loom to where the circuit cuts are, just temporarily bridge them back together with short lengths of wire, insulate the connections this will basically bypass the immobiliser. This way you can see if the fault is with the security system without removing it all.
If it turns out to be some other problem, the temporary links can be removed, re-insulated and still used.
Hope this makes sense
All the best
Greg
Dobbin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg, many thanks for your reply and you are 100% correct. This would certainly discount connection issues and possibly the immobiliser itself but what I am looking for is a diagram of the immobiliser so that I can fault find on this to see which component it's isolating. Possibly my original question wasn't clear. Since my original post we have found a new unused but untested alarm on good old eBay and we will use this as the starting point so that we can see what goes where.

Thanks again
Greg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. I hope you manage to sort the problem soon
All the best
Greg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Electrical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: