classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

*** Forum Registration & Use *** Updated 2022
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Welcome To The OldClassicCar Forum
admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: *** Forum Registration & Use *** Updated 2022 Reply with quote

New User Logins

Membership of this forum is open to anyone who has an interest in old cars, lorries, bicycles, caravans, vans or whatever else relating to classic transport, and wishes to actively take part and contribute in a positive manner.

Maybe you own a older vehicle now, or hope to do so in future - so long as you're interested in these vehicles, and wish to positively contribute to the forum, you'll be very welcome here.

Broadly speaking, this forum tends to concentrate on the vehicles from the 1900s through to the 1980s.

This is a family-friendly forum, for all ages, and as such bad language will be frowned upon by the management.

To post on these forums, please email the following details to the administrator, along with a brief introduction - dodgenut@4onthefloor.co.uk

- Your choice of username (ideally not your actual name)
- Your email address
- Forum Password

Please Note:
I set up all new logins manually, due to previous problems with spammers who try to get access to the forum and either spoil it, or else deluge it with adverts of a dubious nature. I recommend that you update your password after logging in for the first time, this can be done on the Profile page (link at the top of the screen).

Please ensure you include all three items outlined above in your email. Please specify the email address, not just "this email" or "as per this email" - it helps me a lot.

New logins are set up in batches, so there may be a delay of a few days before you'll be able to log in. You'll receive an email when it has been set up.

I reserve the right to remove any users/posts that appear to have registered with the sole intent of placing business advertisements (spam), to URL drop, or to plug their online auction(s) or sales/wants on the forum, and have no other interest in being here. Commercial promotion is not permitted, nor is spamming/pestering existing members with goods and/or services.

T&Cs with regard to posting of adverts may be found in this thread:
http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17322

Data Protection/GDPR.
From time to time I send out email newsletters to members of the forum, for example with an update regarding forum maintenance, highlighting some of the recent conversations, or updates on the main site. With regard to GDPR, as of May 2018, this would fall under legitimate use ("legitimate interest"). At no point will your email address(es) be passed on to others for marketing use etc. Joining the forum is considered as, and requires, acceptance of this, and logins cannot be created nor the forum be run and maintained without the three criteria asked for above.

Registration and continued use of the site requires acceptance of the above, and of the points described in the privacy policy and cookie statements laid out on the following page:
http://www.ableweb.co.uk/priv.htm?url=oldclassiccar

If you wish to have your login removed, and your posting history removed from the forum (under the "right to be forgotten" as per GDPR), please contact me via the above email address.

The forum - and the site as a whole - is administered solely by myself "in house", with no associated moderators.

Thanks,

R. Jones,
Sole Old Classic Car & Forum Admin.

Updated May 2018.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Welcome To The OldClassicCar Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: