classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Change back to a Ford
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
peppiB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle had the saloon version of the 2000 E, bought new in 1967. He was a plumber, towed a trailer and had tools and copper fittings throughout the car. Great machine which lasted him about 10 years before the rust claimed it
V8 Nutter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Front end styling of the Corsair was very similar to the Ford Thunderbird from 1961 to 63.
The reversed rear window was introduced on 1958 Lincolns, 58 Mercury Turnpike Cruisers also had a similar rear window, but the Mercury version could be opened electrically to give "Breezeway Ventilation".
JohnDale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peppiB wrote:
Uncle had the saloon version of the 2000 E, bought new in 1967. He was a plumber, towed a trailer and had tools and copper fittings throughout the car. Great machine which lasted him about 10 years before the rust claimed it

Hi peppiB,I had the 1500 version about '65/66 - thought it was a great car.
It can be found on the main part of the site here:- http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/fordcorsair.htm

cheers,JD.
peppiB

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnDale wrote:
peppiB wrote:

Hi peppiB,I had the 1500 version about '65/66 - thought it was a great car.
It can be found on the main part of the site here:- http://www.oldclassiccar.co.uk/fordcorsair.htm

cheers,JD.

I looked at trading my Singer Vogue for a 1500 Corsair in 1968. Garage checked over my car for p/e and found the rear end was about to fall out - something it did a few miles along the road on the way home. Repairs made but no garage would take it as a trade in. Took it back to place of purchase (and repair) and they agreed to take it back in exchange for a Morris 1100 - hardly a Corsair, though Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: