classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Oil Catch Cans
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration
whiteair43

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Oil Catch Cans Reply with quote

Following my earlier post re a possible engine rebuild on my 1928 Humber 9/20, it has been suggested that I could possibly get away with just fitting a professionally made oil catch can as fitted to track cars but does anyone know if this is viable? Would piping the breather fumes back into the inlet manifold after the carburettor affect the mixture or am I letting myself into a fouled plug scenario?
ka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When racing the Morgan, it was common practice (and a requirement) to feed all breathers into a catch tank. Minimum size is specified, but the favourite seemed a selection of half litre empty beer cans, cable tied on. For a more professional look, catch tanks are available from numerous outlets, but Demon Tweeks has a fair selection.

Better three than four.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Mechanical Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: