classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Rob:- a banger racer today (before he does it to you :-) )
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
Mytocon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Rob:- a banger racer today (before he does it to you :-) ) Reply with quote

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/mg-magnette-zb-varitone-mechanicals-avaliable_W0QQitemZ230163193145QQihZ013QQcategoryZ27380QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How's this for a sad, sad, sad, sad man? Smile Seems to have had a nasty, horrid, classic car enthusiast frighten him as a child. Would give him my short stick manual Rover P5, if I thought it would cheer him up.. Laughing
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Look at the Questions at the bottom, personal skills are lacking somewhat! Shocked

I am just in shock all round, he needs a good hiding in my book!

Cheers

Dave
Mytocon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personal skills are lacking somewhat

Quite! He probably has family members (mothers, sisters, close cousins etc) tending to his needs who negate any need for external relationships. Shocked
XL391

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!! Love his use of p*key terminology, considering he probably lives in a caravan on an old fairground himself... Very Happy
XL391

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad Had to have a pop at him:

"You're a little charmer aren't you. That caravan you sold me is rubbish, seen too much service on your fairground. Were you looking in the mirror when you called that man a p*key by the way?"
gillberry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a really nice genuine guy , what silly questions to ask . The guy is an a***hole do you reckon he really does pinch classics for bangers , if not him then family .
Mytocon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you reckon he really does pinch classics for bangers , if not him then family

Someone does (as Matt from Practical Classics can testify), and "robertie" seems to find the idea amusing Confused
SLEEPY JOHN

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: STEALING CLASSICS FOR BANGER RACING. Reply with quote

Just to add my two penn'orth. About 12 years ago a friend of mine owned a unique car - a TWO-door Austin Princess 3 litre. It was specially built for the Managing Director (or some similar big cheese) of Armstrong-Siddeley, in fact it had a Sphinx mascot on the bonnet, and was in beautiful roadworthy trim and in frequent use.

My friend had not used it for a few days when he noticed that it wasn't in the quiet street adjacent to where he worked. Having reported its disappearance to the police he waited for it to turn up.

Some considerable time later the police informed him that it had been found but that he might not be very happy at its condition. Yes, you've guessed! Stripped out and painted black and white in the Anthill Mob's banger-racing team colours.

I don't object to someone racing some rusty old bucket that has no real future anyway but to trash a cherished, not to mention unique, classic - moronic ****ards!!

Please don't mention banger racers to me if ever you should engage me in conversation. Indeed, I'm steaming as I write! Evil or Very Mad
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a terrible waste of a good car! I'd be incandescant if it happened to me too Mad

I'm locking this thread off now due to the barrage of abusive emails I received from a handful of banger racers, last time this subject came up on here Rolling Eyes

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: