classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Reactions from modern-vehicle drivers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
BigJohn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years back I was in my Standard Ph2 on a narrow moor road (Coverdale) with passing places in the Yorkshire Dales. As I was approaching one a new Audi A6 came quickly towards me, driving past the pull in, stopped dead centre of the carriageway close to my front and flashed his lights. I pointed to the pull in just behind him and smiled. He started mouthing at me and gesticulated I should reverse back and get off the road. I smiled a bit more and pulled forward very slowly up to his bumper, I think he then noticed his plastic would be no match for my very heavy chrome, after a brief pause, to much clutch slip and engine revs he eventually reversed into the pull in. I waved in thanks and proceeded on my way.
Amusingly later that day I was climbing up Fleet Moss out of Hawes and the same Audi came towards me, this time he stopped very quickly opposite a pull in so we could both get by. Lesson learnt I think. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: