classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

London to Southend 26th June 2022
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
mini35

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:33 pm    Post subject: London to Southend 26th June 2022 Reply with quote

Back for 2022 the London to Southend classic vehicle run is aiming to be bigger than ever.
Recreating the days when people from London's East End would head out for a day trip to the seaside. The first run started from St Katharine’s Dock and over the years the route has made a few stops on route including Basildon Town Centre Square giving owners the chance to stretch their legs and for any maintenance to take place.
Today the Run Starts from Fairlop Waters in Ilford and takes in approximately 50 miles of Essex lanes, villages and countryside before finishing on Jubilee Beach Southend.
On the sea front we have Music and our charity raffle. Apart from us all having a fun day from start to finish we also raise money for a local charities. We have about 120 cars on display and many of the drivers and passengers dress up in themed and period costume.
Please see the Website for more information www.essexclassicvehicles.co.uk/L2S.php
Free to S.E.V.C.V.C. members, non-members £5 (£10 on the day)
Where else could you park on the sea front all day for that price.
Who knows with ULEZ extension plans this could be the last?
Keith D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you mini35,

I will not be on the 2022 run for obvious reasons, but I must thank you for the most enjoyable video of the 2019 run.

I lived in Hockley as a youngster and remember Southend very well as I was an apprentice at the old Ekco works. I courted my girlfriend (now my wife) who lived in Chelmsford, so I crossed over the River Crouch at Battlesbridge every time I visited her.

That video certainly brought back many very happy memories. Most of the fantastic well loved cars shown were everyday transport when I left England.

Keith
1999 BMW Z3
Its weird being the same age as old people.
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: