classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Insurance. Is this a problem?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Miken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject: Insurance. Is this a problem? Reply with quote

When my wife and I both worked, we both ran a modern car, each registered in our own names and both had a full "no claims discount".
I also had/have an old car with a classic car policy.
We are both now retired, so a year ago we downsized and now I have my old car in my name and she has a modern car in her name with me as the second named driver.
In the future at some point, inevitably, one of us will stop driving for whatever reason.
If I stop first then there is no problem.
But if, say, in 10 years my wife gives up driving and I become the first driver, will I have lost all my NCD?
Can I preserve it somehow?
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I stopped having company cars (15 years worth) and took a car cash allowance instead, the insurance companies were happy to give me a full NCB even though the policy was clearly not in my name.

You may need to speak to a broker who has the ability to apply "common sense" rather than applying for insurance online where everything is binary!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: